EPPP Canceled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beginner2011

Beginner's Mind
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just notified via email that my EPPP appointment scheduled for next month was canceled. I had confirmed this appointment weeks ago. The test provider (Pearson VUE) sent me an email to "confirm" my cancelation request. When I called them to ask what was going on they were confused but said that it was "probably due to COVID".

Apparently I need to sign up for a new testing date now.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Happened to me last year in the initial waves of shut downs. If I recall correctly, i gave it a couple of weeks and then they had covid protocols in place and I could reschedule my test (I do remember being on the phone with pearson about it). Ended up scheduling it a month or two later but didn't have any issues with not being able to reschedule it or anything like that.

Actual test wasn't too bad, just had to wear a mask. Really annoying that it hung over my head for a bit though.

I guess I am really surprised that you were cancelled though - I thought they had worked out most of the kinks and it seems like most places are loosening restrictions. I guess just try to reschedule through the portal? Sorry about this, it is such a pain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh, what a disappointment! I am part of a few EPPP Facebook groups and this unfortunately happens to many people on a regular basis. Sounds like they are able to reschedule through the new Certemy portal, but some choose a different location than originally scheduled to get in sooner.

I haven't reached this stage yet, but am genuinely curious. Has our field seriously not shifted to remote EPPP testing? I'm not assuming it would be easy, but it can't be impossible. I know the LSAT was offered this way.

I haven't reached this stage yet, but am genuinely curious. Has our field seriously not shifted to remote EPPP testing? I'm not assuming it would be easy, but it can't be impossible. I know the LSAT was offered this way.

Part of that answer is, how much more are you willing to pay to take the EPPP?

Part of that answer is, how much more are you willing to pay to take the EPPP?
I personally am not overly concerned with the cost, but do understand others may have different perspectives.

I personally am not overly concerned with the cost, but do understand others may have different perspectives.
I would love to see remote testing available for EPPP. LSAT is offered remotely; possibly because it is not a knowledge-based exam. From what I know, it is mostly testing critical thinking for the multiple choices and ability to make a sounded argument for the writing portion. I believe they still need to take the bar exam at a testing center.

I would love to see remote testing available for EPPP. LSAT is offered remotely; possibly because it is not a knowledge-based exam. From what I know, it is mostly testing critical thinking for the multiple choices and ability to make a sounded argument for the writing portion. I believe they still need to take the bar exam at a testing center.

The bar to ensure no one is cheating is much higher for a professional licensing exam vs a grad school entrance exam. I'd imagine they'd need to invest in testing software and every test taker would need to be on camera. Some colleges are currently being sued due to their use of such technology. Can't imagine ASPPB wants to wade into that mess until the legal stuff is settled and we see what works.

The bar to ensure no one is cheating is much higher for a professional licensing exam vs a grad school entrance exam. I'd imagine they'd need to invest in testing software and every test taker would need to be on camera. Some colleges are currently being sued due to their use of such technology. Can't imagine ASPPB wants to wade into that mess until the legal stuff is settled and we see what works.
next generation maybe?

Completely understandable. Everyone I know that did the LSAT remotely had very strict guidelines similar to what you describe. They were sent a special kit to use, had a fixed time to log in, log in credentials were sent separately, and all materials used or not had to be returned or it was an automatic fail. Not sure about the camera part, but that wouldn't shock me. Going back to professional licensing exams, aren't you on camera when those are in person? If so I see no difference having that be required of a remote option.

Completely understandable. Everyone I know that did the LSAT remotely had very strict guidelines similar to what you describe. They were sent a special kit to use, had a fixed time to log in, log in credentials were sent separately, and all materials used or not had to be returned or it was an automatic fail. Not sure about the camera part, but that wouldn't shock me. Going back to professional licensing exams, aren't you on camera when those are in person? If so I see no difference having that be required of a remote option.

The issue is that everyone taking it at home needs to have a camera that would meet certain hardware requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
The issue is that everyone taking it at home needs to have a camera that would meet certain hardware requirements.
Well this wouldn't be done having everyone use their own equipment anyway, you'd be sent a designated tablet which would have a camera already set up.

Well this wouldn't be done having everyone use their own equipment anyway, you'd be sent a designated tablet which would have a camera already set up.

Doable, but I think people would balk at the added cost, which people already endlessly complain about despite it being proportional to other healthcare license exams, or cheaper in many cases.

I was just notified via email that my EPPP appointment scheduled for next month was canceled. I had confirmed this appointment weeks ago. The test provider (Pearson VUE) sent me an email to "confirm" my cancelation request. When I called them to ask what was going on they were confused but said that it was "probably due to COVID".

Apparently I need to sign up for a new testing date now.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Ugh, that happened to me too, but I got the email three days before my exam!!!! I felt pretty frustrated.
I called the BOP and Pearson VUE and no one was able to give me an answer or put me in the schedule again. A month later, once they set up my account in Certemy, I was able to reschedule my exam easily. I already took the EPPP and passed. You will pass it too :)

Ugh, that happened to me too, but I got the email three days before my exam!!!! I felt pretty frustrated.
I called the BOP and Pearson VUE and no one was able to give me an answer or put me in the schedule again. A month later, once they set up my account in Certemy, I was able to reschedule my exam easily. I already took the EPPP and passed. You will pass it too :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I just went ahead and scheduled for the next available slot and passed. Quite a relief to have that whole ordeal behind me!

Reactions: 1 users
Doable, but I think people would balk at the added cost, which people already endlessly complain about despite it being proportional to other healthcare license exams, or cheaper in many cases.

Even being on camera, not sure you could prevent cheating with texstng at home. You could easily have materials or even another person helping you off camera. The testing centers check you for cheat sheets and you are still recorded to ensure that no proctor is helping you cheat or that they did not miss anything.

How would bathroom breaks work?

Even being on camera, not sure you could prevent cheating with texstng at home. You could easily have materials or even another person helping you off camera. The testing centers check you for cheat sheets and you are still recorded to ensure that no proctor is helping you cheat or that they did not miss anything.

How would bathroom breaks work?

Gatorade bottle or a she-wee.

But yeah, at home administration is not very feasible in my book.

Gatorade bottle or a she-wee.

But yeah, at home administration is not very feasible in my book.

Lol. In my younger years, I briefly proctored the EPPP and other exams. I can give you a laundry list of reasons why most of these exams cannot be done at home.

Lol. In my younger years, I briefly proctored the EPPP and other exams. I can give you a laundry list of reasons why most of these exams cannot be done at home.
Ooo... what kind of nonsense did you observe?

Ooo... what kind of nonsense did you observe?
I can't remember them all, but off the top of my head:

1. At least 1 person walking out to their car to cheat and access study materials while on a "bathroom break"

2. One person pulling out study materials on a lunch break in front of us when they were not allowed to study (some tests allow study breaks between sessions)

3. One person with cheat notes on the bottom of their sneakers

4. Lots of middle aged men angry that they had to put their $10k Rolex in a locker and could not wear it into the testing room (mostly finance and real estate guys)

5. A rather cute young pre-med who literally fainted in my arms during her MCAT exam