1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Equation Question

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by VCU07, Dec 22, 2008.

1. VCU07

VCU07 Member
    10+ Year Member

I am currently studying with the kaplan premier program. They have tons of equations and math in their physics and chem portions. How concerned should one be about memorizing these equations? Their practice problems never give the equations...should I nail down the concepts or both (concepts and equations?)

2. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I knew all the most common equations. I took the MCAT twice. One time I did not need but a couple. The other time I needed quite a few. It really depends.

I would do a content review where I knew all the equations and content enough that I could reason my way through some questions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. futuredoctor10

Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah you sort of get an intuitive sense for which equations you need to know by doing tons of practice tests/questions. If you look at the AAMC, a lot of equations in PS are provided. Others, like V=IR or how to add resistors/capacitors in series/parallel, you might have to know.