Equation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCU07

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying with the kaplan premier program. They have tons of equations and math in their physics and chem portions. How concerned should one be about memorizing these equations? Their practice problems never give the equations...should I nail down the concepts or both (concepts and equations?)

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently studying with the kaplan premier program. They have tons of equations and math in their physics and chem portions. How concerned should one be about memorizing these equations? Their practice problems never give the equations...should I nail down the concepts or both (concepts and equations?)

I knew all the most common equations. I took the MCAT twice. One time I did not need but a couple. The other time I needed quite a few. It really depends.

I would do a content review where I knew all the equations and content enough that I could reason my way through some questions.

Yeah you sort of get an intuitive sense for which equations you need to know by doing tons of practice tests/questions. If you look at the AAMC, a lot of equations in PS are provided. Others, like V=IR or how to add resistors/capacitors in series/parallel, you might have to know.