Harbster

Who cares?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2004
North of the border
Status
They still have 9 unfilled spots in ER @ MLK....that's ****in' crazy!

Must be a trauma mecca!

OP
Harbster

Harbster

Who cares?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2004
North of the border
Status
AndyMilonakis said:
Harbster, you scared the hell outta me. My first instinct was to think that you matched here by some error.
HAHAHA, sorry for the scare, dude!

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2004
gone to seed
Status
Pharmacist
Well, the thing is that places that get named MLK tend to be renamed from something else that had a bad rep. Like here in Tacoma MLK Way used to be K street. The city renamed it in the hopes that the K street crips and the K street bloods would somehow disappear if they renamed the street.

OP
Harbster

Harbster

Who cares?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2004
North of the border
Status
I posted this in the ER forum and this was their reply.......

"S-E-A-R-C-H. Very frequently discussed. The hospital has been having trouble for years..."

so much for making friends with them!

PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Skin City
Status
Attending Physician
Yeah, mightily close to permanently losing their accreditation = no medicare/medicaid, and no approval of residency training. Scary thought... Don't even know if they have a path dept., tho.

:luck:

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2004
gone to seed
Status
Pharmacist
Harbster said:
I posted this in the ER forum and this was their reply.......

"S-E-A-R-C-H. Very frequently discussed. The hospital has been having trouble for years..."

so much for making friends with them!
Did you reply with C-I-V-I-L-I-T-Y. Very frequently underappreciated. People have been lacking it for years..."?

geddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Status
bananaface said:
Did you reply with C-I-V-I-L-I-T-Y. Very frequently underappreciated. People have been lacking it for years..."?
Yes, with all the civility in this board, i can't imagine anyone else being curt to a new poster :rolleyes:

stormjen

Path PGY
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2004
Status
Not sure where you got that number, but last I heard they filled all their positions by the second day of the scramble. :confused:

I don't particularly care either way, I just know they don't have that many spots available since I saw someone sign a contract with them ... so that's at least one of those nine positions taken.

OP
Harbster

Harbster

Who cares?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2004
North of the border
Status
stormjen said:
Not sure where you got that number, but last I heard they filled all their positions by the second day of the scramble. :confused:

I don't particular care either way, I just know they don't have that many spots available since I saw someone sign a contract with them ... so that's at least one of those nine positions taken.

They did end up filling up today.