ER physician pay cut at Beth Israel Deaconess

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know a couple of people who have had hours cut and are realizing they may actually be happier working less and tightening the belt a little. I do wonder if this could blow up in hospital/ CMG’s faces when volumes come back but their docs say “nah I don’t want the hours back, I’m good with working less”. (Assuming that’s contractually feasible).

I sure hope it does. CMGs were doomed anyway because hospitals were replacing them with W2 hospital employee gigs. This just might be the catalyst.

Members don't see this ad.

I sure hope it does. CMGs were doomed anyway because hospitals were replacing them with W2 hospital employee gigs. This just might be the catalyst.

This, but Veers has stated the dangers of direct hospital employment before.
Personally? I'm good with working my contracted 120 hours and not a minute more.
I delayed retirement savings to knock out my student loan debt.
I'm so glad I made that move now.

Reactions: 1 user

You are just trading one master for another. In the hospital employment model I had nurse managers who were directly in charge of doctors.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No kidding. I don't know how to get out of my 90 day out clause, or I'd be done.

My position would be that they breached the contract and I wouldn't feel obligated to honor a 90 day out clause (depending on what they did).

Just found out that our owed OT pay is being deferred, and we’re not getting our bonuses this year.

Not sure if you are W2 or 1099. Your bonus is probably gone, but I am not sure how they aren't paying the overtime they owe.

Reactions: 2 users
That is a lot...

Is there a dedicated floor for COVID-19 patients? Also, for the ones that need ICU care, do they put them together in one ICU wing?

My hospital has converted our 11 bed ICU, 10 bed CVICU, and 9 bed SICU to COVID status. The ICU is full, CVICU is half full, and SICU is currently empty. That leaves our 18 bed CCU for the other critical care patients. Our COVID units now have plastic sheets making an anteroom between the actual rooms and the rest of the nursing station.

Reactions: 1 user