ERAS 2017-2018 Cardiology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Coming from another IMG who just applied this year I'd say chances are not great but not impossible. You'll need to work on your CV, get some research published or at least abstracts. You might have a chance at home institution or community programs. The truth is you have IMGs with better scores, without red flags and research who are going unmatched. I think you need to do more to make your CV stand out. Although not impossible.

I am an IMG

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

i have 248/231/cs 1 attempt/197 , 3 case reports. Do you think program will look into my application for cv fellowship?

I would apply very broadly and try to get involved in some sort of research beyond just case reports (at least something retrospective and more 'researchy'). The big drop in score from step 2 -> step 3 might be troublesome. Get very strong letters of recommendation if possible, especially if you have "named" faculty. Work hard on a good personal statement. Definitely have a backup plan too if you have don't match.

Hey Guys,
I'm an IM applicant, I want to pursue cardiology after IM and I'm preparing my rank old list.
Could you help me regarding the order?
I want an IM program with good reputation, training and research to join a strong cardiology fellowship either away or in house. Also I want a friendly work environment (non malignant program).
From these aspects, what’s your recommendation regarding the ROL (specially 1st choices)?
The list
1- UMass Worcester, MA
2- University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix, AZ
3- University of Missouri Kansas City, MO
4- UConn Hartford, CT
5- Creighton University, Omaha NE
6- Lahey Hospital, Burlington, MA
7- St John Providence Detroit, MI
8- Texas Tech Lubbock
9- East Carolina University Greenville, NC
10- SUNY Downstate Brooklyn, NY
11- University of South Dakota
12- Western Michigan Kalamazoo, MI
13- Rochester Regional (Unity Hospital), NY
14- Staten Island University Hospital (Hofstra) NY
Thanks for your time and I appreciate any advice or modification

I did. It had zero effect on my rank list or my confidence in matching. I just sent back the same generic type message since I kind of felt obliged to.
In retrospect please share, did you end up in the program that told you were ranked highly?

Hey Guys, any ideas regarding the ranking of the following programs?
1. U of Wisconsin
2. U of Nebraska
3. Henry Ford Hospital
4. U of Kansas
5. Geisenger
6. Allegany General Hospital

Thank u :)
Hello! I was just wondering if you matched? My rank order list is similar but I have only 5 programs wondering if I will match. I know it is case by case dependent but just was wondering. Thank you!