ERAS CAF Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamLover

Bored Certified
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I never realized I was such a blah medical student until my ERAS application has found itself to be completely blank on the "Medical School Awards and Honors" section. I have been a pretty good student. Nice lists of ECs, volunteer work and research. Grades and scores are pretty decent, but that "none" that appears on my CAF under the Medical School Awards and Honors section is really bugging me.

Has anyone else found themselves in the same situation? Anyone have any ideas about how I can get someone to honor me within oh...about a month since it's almost time to submit my app? :rolleyes: I know...it's just a pipe dream...but how many people out there will be submitting their app with nothing in that section?

Just humor me...help me feel better for now (at least until I press the submit button and there's nothing else I can do about it :) )

Members don't see this ad.

I had tons of undergrad stuff and nothing for med school. I think a lot of people are in the same position. Also, I was in the same position you were in last year. I started freaking out about what I didn't have (no research, no med school honors, etc.) on my application, instead of really making what I did have look really good. It's too late to change anything...be confident in what you have already accomplished!

luna120 said:
I had tons of undergrad stuff and nothing for med school. I think a lot of people are in the same position. Also, I was in the same position you were in last year. I started freaking out about what I didn't have (no research, no med school honors, etc.) on my application, instead of really making what I did have look really good. It's too late to change anything...be confident in what you have already accomplished!

I feel I've definitly emphasized my good attributes....but it was still bugging me that I can't really even think of a student award or honor (other than AOA) that my medical school even gives out...nothing before senior honors night that is...which is a bit too late for this application.

I was just venting and hoping I wasn't alone with a big fat "none" appearing on the CAF under that topic

I know...I'll type "Not Applicable" and at least the default "none" should dissappear....I know....it's sad that I've been reduced to this...see what medical school has done to me? Thank goodness for only 9 months and 4 days until graduation...but who is counting?

DreamLover said:
I never realized I was such a blah medical student until my ERAS application has found itself to be completely blank on the "Medical School Awards and Honors" section. I have been a pretty good student. Nice lists of ECs, volunteer work and research. Grades and scores are pretty decent, but that "none" that appears on my CAF under the Medical School Awards and Honors section is really bugging me.

Has anyone else found themselves in the same situation? Anyone have any ideas about how I can get someone to honor me within oh...about a month since it's almost time to submit my app? :rolleyes: I know...it's just a pipe dream...but how many people out there will be submitting their app with nothing in that section?

Just humor me...help me feel better for now (at least until I press the submit button and there's nothing else I can do about it :) )

I think a lot of people are the same way (raises hand). I have research but no publications, excellent grades and boards scores but no awards or AOA. Some decent extracurricular stuff. Just focus on what you do have, get good letters, and write a good personal statement. It's all you can do!

pillowhead said:
I think a lot of people are the same way (raises hand). I have research but no publications, excellent grades and boards scores but no awards or AOA. Some decent extracurricular stuff. Just focus on what you do have, get good letters, and write a good personal statement. It's all you can do!

Oh yeah, I know. I'm up to my ears in ERAS and LORs and PSs and CVs and MSRPs and trying to pretend like I care about my current elective rotation when what I really want to do is get this finished...force myself to study for CK so I can eventually end the madness and catch up on my TIVO'd episodes of Rescue Me...don't tell me what happened..I'm like 6 weeks behind