ERAS CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyanide12345678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two questions, it would be great if someone could help me out.

1) What's the generally accepted rule about adding activities from college? I've added some of the most important activities for example 2 years of research, my teaching experience of 2 years as a TA, 1 year as a private one on one tutor, my 1 year with America Reads. But what about smaller things like a 3 month research position (no publications), or my very first job in college working with disabled kids (wayyy back in 2008-2009). Should I go that far back in history?

2) What's considered too small of an activity to add on the CV. For example, if I volunteered at some random 2 day volunteer event (15 ish hours), is that even worth going on the activities section even if it happened during medical school?

Thank you everyone for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

I have two questions, it would be great if someone could help me out.

1) What's the generally accepted rule about adding activities from college? I've added some of the most important activities for example 2 years of research, my teaching experience of 2 years as a TA, 1 year as a private one on one tutor, my 1 year with America Reads. But what about smaller things like a 3 month research position (no publications), or my very first job in college working with disabled kids (wayyy back in 2008-2009). Should I go that far back in history?

2) What's considered too small of an activity to add on the CV. For example, if I volunteered at some random 2 day volunteer event (15 ish hours), is that even worth going on the activities section even if it happened during medical school?

Thank you everyone for your time.

1) I was told to add as few things from college as possible. I added one non profit organization that I started in college and research experience (3 years).

2) If you can't talk about an activity with enthusiasm and if it didn't lead to meaningful change don't add it on your CV.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this question. Does authorship on a book chapter go in the same section as research publications on ERAS? Or (more importantly), is non-research authorship viewed as highly as research authorship? I'm going to have my name on a pretty well known resource and I really don't want to keep working on research projects if the non-research pub will "count" for the same amount come ERAS time.

Research > Non-research
Authorship > No Authorship

From what I remember, there is a section for Book Chapter Authorship peer reviewed.