ERAS email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cdn11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone receive an email from myeras this AM re: scramble? It's freaking me out..

Members don't see this ad.

Nope...didn't get anything..

Just kidding. :idea::laugh:

Did anyone receive an email from myeras this AM re: scramble? It's freaking me out..

There is something seriously wrong with people on SDN.

Would you freak out when you got a similar email in October? Everyone received that email.

Though I support the idea that ERAS and NRMP should stop sending out random emails the week before the match with the words 'scramble' in the subject, or with weird server names.

There is something seriously wrong with people on SDN.

I mean I understand having anxiety and neurosis about where (of if) I matched... but read the WHOLE email.. or at least the subject
"Information about Using ERAS During Scramble, If Necessary (Applicants)"

They even say IF NECESSARY! How less threatening could that be?

Similar to the email on 3/3 sent by the NRMP advising AGAINST for profit scramble services. Do people really feel that they will secretly send emails regarding the scramble to only those who the NRMP knows didn't match. A huge conspiracy that hasn't been uncovered. I don't think in the entire and long history of the match that anyone found out earlier than they were supposed to.

Take a deep breath everyone. You'll know for sure on Monday.

omg seriously, stop posting about this stuff, NRMP/ERAS would not just randomly send emails to only scrambling people 4 days before the official emails go out

omg seriously, stop posting about this stuff, NRMP/ERAS would not just randomly send emails to only scrambling people 4 days before the official emails go out
I still get all these emails, and I know I don't have to scramble since I withdrew from the match.

I didn't freak out about "omg did I not match" when I got that email, but it was still annoying. I don't want to even think about how the scramble works at all unless I get the bad email on Monday.

Agreed. This is even worse than the mailing list post, because at least the mailing list thing was just sneaky enough to be possible. Sending an email about the scramble out to only people who didn't match is surely something that would have been NOTICED in previous years, and we would have heard from upperclassmen that you actually find out four days sooner. RELAX GUYS... in just four days we'll find out that we matched and everything's fine :)

Agreed. This is even worse than the mailing list post, because at least the mailing list thing was just sneaky enough to be possible. Sending an email about the scramble out to only people who didn't match is surely something that would have been NOTICED in previous years, and we would have heard from upperclassmen that you actually find out four days sooner. RELAX GUYS... in just four days we'll find out that we matched and everything's fine :)

But seriously, the people at ERAS and NRMP need to be sent a bunch of benzo's mixed in their coffee to make them sit put...while everyone freaking out on SDN makes me laugh, I cant help but wonder if the people at ERAS do this on purpose knowing that there will be a bunch of people who freak out on seeing that email.

But seriously, the people at ERAS and NRMP need to be sent a bunch of benzo's mixed in their coffee to make them sit put...while everyone freaking out on SDN makes me laugh, I cant help but wonder if the people at ERAS do this on purpose knowing that there will be a bunch of people who freak out on seeing that email.

I think I might in their place :) It IS pretty funny...