ERAS Fees and Charges as a reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malariarus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I didn't match and found a TY spot and plan on re-doing the interview/match process this fall. Do I have to start from scratch on ERAS and pay and request everything again (dean's letter, board scores, etc) or does it let me use what's already uploaded and jut pay fees again??

I'm confused. anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you have to do everything all over again. Of course, if you have a copy of this year's ERAS you can simply cut and paste most of it.

i think the LORs stay if i am not mistaken. not sure about the mspe, transcript and all that stuff again. i am also re applying again this yr.

When I reapplied this year, I had to get a new token from my school to be able to register again. I'm not sure about everywhere else, but my dean only does one MSPE, so it was the same as last year. My old letters were gone (I changed specialities so I got new ones anyway). I had to request and pay for USMLE transcripts again as well. I basically had to start from scratch. Hope this helps.

Oh BOy...i was afraid of that. Would be nicer if they just let everything "be" and just make you re-pay instead of hunting down paperwork again. Grrrrreat. Thanks for the info at least now I know.

M

Definitely make a copy of your current eras. Helps a ton when doing it over again.

When I reapplied this year, I had to get a new token from my school to be able to register again. I'm not sure about everywhere else, but my dean only does one MSPE, so it was the same as last year. My old letters were gone (I changed specialities so I got new ones anyway). I had to request and pay for USMLE transcripts again as well. I basically had to start from scratch. Hope this helps.

Here is some additional advice for next year's application season, from someone who has used ERAS the past two years:

1. Not all dean's offices are like bally2cute's. I reapplied through ERAS this year and my dean updated the MSPE to include all of my 4th year rotation grades (not just those that came prior to Nov 1 of 4th year). Look into whether yours will do this for you.
2. Your ERAS application will be available for viewing for a while longer, but it will definitely disappear before the next ERAS season. Make a copy of everything when you can, so that you will have it later.
3. You do need a new ERAS token from your medical school.
4. Your medical school can scan the letters that you already used this past year. You may consider asking the letter writers from this past year to update your letters if that is something that might make a difference and/or get new letters.
5. For next year's application, request a new medical school transcript with all of your 4th year grades in it.

That's all I can think of at the moment, good luck. :luck: