whatup2016

2+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2016
I've submitted a couple of abstracts to lead breakout sessions at a national conference, however, the results won't be released until likely end of July, which is obviously after submitting fellowship applications. Even though anything that is "pending" typically isn't listed in your ERAS app, I really want to because it may help set me apart from others.

FYI: I'm IMG, need visa, and applying for competitive fellowship. Anything helps!

Is it that big a deal to list something that's pending... or is it worth doing and at least it's something that you can discuss on interviews (whether it's accepted or not).

Last edited:

mdjo

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
When I applied you could list research projects under activities (as opposed to publications). That's probably the best place to put research that hasn't resulted in any accepted abstracts or manuscripts. For manuscripts specifically I think you can list them as "submitted" but I recall there wasn't a way to list a submitted poster abstract.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.