ERAS is even more stressful than AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blesbok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:boom:

Members don't see this ad.

but not as stressful as coming up with a personal statement--how come I can't say "ummm . . . I really want to do emergency medicine because I hate rounding for hours, don't want to wake up as early as a surgeon, and really just like being in the ED . . . "

Members don't see this ad :)
I did my PS last month because some of my LoR writers wanted it and I figured it wouldn't hurt to actually do something early for once in my life.

does it also ask you to list all your activities and give a blurb like AMCAS?? or how about typing out your entire transcript like the AMCAS requires??

AMCAS was dreadful!! I can't image how bad the ERAS process will be!

does it also ask you to list all your activities and give a blurb like AMCAS?? or how about typing out your entire transcript like the AMCAS requires??

AMCAS was dreadful!! I can't image how bad the ERAS process will be!
Yes on the activities. The transcript is automatically uploaded by your school. However, getting LoRs is much worse than it was for AMCAS IMO.

yeah, this feels a lot like AMCAS again.

the PS is killing me. i don't have anything meaningful to say about why i want to be a resident right now. and my letter writers want to see it so i hope something comes to me soon.

I did my PS last month because some of my LoR writers wanted it and I figured it wouldn't hurt to actually do something early for once in my life.
yeah, mine will want it too, but I haven't gotten any yet. I've asked two people, but I haven't met with them yet to put the paperwork through.

yeah, mine will want it too, but I haven't gotten any yet. I've asked two people, but I haven't met with them yet to put the paperwork through.
What did you decide to go into?

Haven't started ERAS yet (glanced at it) since I'm studying for step 2 next friday, but have writen my PS already (whew!).

Im filling it out now and i'm wondering whether to include every little half day volunteering experience. What do yall think?

Im filling it out now and i'm wondering whether to include every little half day volunteering experience. What do yall think?
I'm trying not to make my application too fluffy by including lots of irrelevant crap. At this point, I assume that everyone has seen many levels of bull, and they're not going to be faked out by anything I've got. So I'm sticking to the truth.

Question about ERAS:

So, I've been told that the PS should be one page, one page only. I have my pretty one page word document that I spent too much time on...I load it into ERAS-how am I suppose to know if it comes to one page or not??? ERAS allows 25,000 characters....doesn't give margin specifications-only font size.

Also, does anyone know how to put a publication into ERAS that has been submitted but not published as of yet?

(btw, I find ERAS to be very annoying) :)

I'm still working on my PS and letters too...any idea of a general date this stuff should be in by?

I could fool around with eras for the next year. I edited it one final time and hit SUBMIT.
The insanity has to stop somewhere. :)

yeah, this feels a lot like AMCAS again.

the PS is killing me. i don't have anything meaningful to say about why i want to be a resident right now. and my letter writers want to see it so i hope something comes to me soon.

Same here!!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.gif

I'm still working on my PS and letters too...any idea of a general date this stuff should be in by?

Depends on what you're applying to. Some specialties (like FM) have rolling interview offers, so it's advantageous to get everything in an complete early. Other specialties (typically the more competitive ones) have deadlines in October and don't download any of their applications until that time, then sift through to see what they got before offering interviews. Best to ask your home institutions PD where you field lies on the spectrum.

Most programs realize that letters will be a little later to arrive. But I'd get your PS done and have your part submitted asap at very least.