ERAS - listing future electives - for IMGs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shockwavelithotripsy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all imgs applying this year, or any program directors that can chime in:

if we have upcoming electives in the US, in october or november, would it be appropriate to list them in the eras app?

eras will not allow an experience start date that begins next month, so I would have to put in a start date of this month for an elective that starts in October.

I really want to list all my us electives to strengthen my app.

I am thinking of putting a note in the experiece description stating that the actual dates are xxx to xxx and that eras will not allow future dates

what do you all think about this?

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't done them yet, they have no weight or meaning in my assessment. Plus, perhaps you won't end up doing them -- you could have an illness, there could be a hurricane, the site could cancel you, etc. There's a reason ERAS won't let you list things in the future -- it's because you shouldn't.

Reactions: 1 user
If you haven't done them yet, they have no weight or meaning in my assessment. Plus, perhaps you won't end up doing them -- you could have an illness, there could be a hurricane, the site could cancel you, etc. There's a reason ERAS won't let you list things in the future -- it's because you shouldn't.

extremely helpful answer. thank you. if any other program directors would like to comment, please do so.