May 25, 2017
Status
Medical Student
My ERAS descriptions of experiences, research etc. is looking really weird - things aren't on the lines they are supposed to be and I have stuff listed in a 1., 2., 3. fashion.... When program directors download our apps, will they get the formatted pdf version or will they see the version that is on the certification page...

Reactions: IM_1990

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
We will see what you see, unless we print it out. If you tried to do some fancy/clever formatting, don't.

LostinLift

5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2013
Status
Medical Student
We will see what you see, unless we print it out. If you tried to do some fancy/clever formatting, don't.
I tried to separate hobbies by lines, but when I go to certify they are all smushed together without any returns in between. Should I just turn them into sentences?

About the Ads
Jun 29, 2017
Status
Medical Student
My ERAS descriptions of experiences, research etc. is looking really weird - things aren't on the lines they are supposed to be and I have stuff listed in a 1., 2., 3. fashion.... When program directors download our apps, will they get the formatted pdf version or will they see the version that is on the certification page...
I have the exact same issue!

metview

5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2013
Status
I noticed the same thing, not sure how it appears to people reviewing the app.

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
Seems to me it will look exactly the same as when you're previewing it. Some programs may review printed copies or PDF's. Others may just use the online system. I thought the ERAS instructions tell you specifically not to try to format your entries like this, so it's avoided.

About the Ads