ERAS problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Celiac Plexus

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from a pretty good program that was a f/u to an interview offer they had made to me. Basically they said, if you don't schedule an interview, we're gonna withdraw the offer and move on down the list.

The problem is... I never received the intial offer. One of the deans at my school had sent an e-mail saying that there was a problem with ERAS and the school's mail system saying that some of the e-mail invites had been screened out as spam. He said that programs were aware of the problem and would contact us by phone or snail mail. BS!!! This program thinks I was just sitting on their offer. AND, I have no way of knowing if there are other programs out there that I am missing out on. I basically have not heard from over 10 programs (all middle upper, or upper tier). Anyone else have this happen to them. I guess the only way to be sure is to call all of those programs and risk sounding really pushy and asking about my app. That blows.

Members don't see this ad.

I went ahead and called all the programs I had not heard from....I had 1 place that said they offered and wanted a response and another place that said they did not give out info over the phone but also sent snail mail, so I should know soon either way. I guess calling the programs is the way to go. They all seemed fairly receptive.

Which programs were these?

Does it seem to be a problem particular to only a few programs, or is it random whether invites are going through or not?

Michigan offered and I had not heard.....Northwestern said they would snail mail me, but it sounded like disinterested bull from an overworked secretary. UCSF told me they would begin offering after Thanksgiving, but I am sure there are folks out there who already been offered interviews and I have been duped once again.