Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

ERAS problem

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by Celiac Plexus, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Celiac Plexus

Celiac Plexus Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I just received an e-mail from a pretty good program that was a f/u to an interview offer they had made to me. Basically they said, if you don't schedule an interview, we're gonna withdraw the offer and move on down the list.

The problem is... I never received the intial offer. One of the deans at my school had sent an e-mail saying that there was a problem with ERAS and the school's mail system saying that some of the e-mail invites had been screened out as spam. He said that programs were aware of the problem and would contact us by phone or snail mail. BS!!! This program thinks I was just sitting on their offer. AND, I have no way of knowing if there are other programs out there that I am missing out on. I basically have not heard from over 10 programs (all middle upper, or upper tier). Anyone else have this happen to them. I guess the only way to be sure is to call all of those programs and risk sounding really pushy and asking about my app. That blows.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. smithani

smithani Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I went ahead and called all the programs I had not heard from....I had 1 place that said they offered and wanted a response and another place that said they did not give out info over the phone but also sent snail mail, so I should know soon either way. I guess calling the programs is the way to go. They all seemed fairly receptive.

4. girlwithaknife

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Which programs were these?

Does it seem to be a problem particular to only a few programs, or is it random whether invites are going through or not?

5. smithani

smithani Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Michigan offered and I had not heard.....Northwestern said they would snail mail me, but it sounded like disinterested bull from an overworked secretary. UCSF told me they would begin offering after Thanksgiving, but I am sure there are folks out there who already been offered interviews and I have been duped once again.