ERAS Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4thYrMedStdnt

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been working on my ERAS application and have found that I can't create paragraphs in my personal statement. I am using a simple text editor and then copying the text over to ERAS, but no matter what I try, when I have ERAS print my personal statement, all of the paragraphs run together. I have even tried typing directly into the ERAS personal statement box, but all of the returns don't show up in the final printed version that ERAS sends to the programs, which results in the paragraphs running together. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah. There was the same problem last year. Don't worry about it as there is not much you can do about it unless ERAS changes the software. Last year you couldn't even cut and paste stuff from Text Editors as ERAS would't recognize any of the special characters and the text would be all goofy.

If everyone's personal statement looks the same (although it may print out differently for the programs) I wouldn't worry.