ERAS Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Francis

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dean's office advisor just emailed us all to tell us that ERAS has been having problems getting interview invites out to students--it seems there have been some computer problems. Anyone else heard about this?
-Francis

Members don't see this ad.

I heard the problem was only with settings on Hotmail--the invites can be interpreted as spam (sice they go out to multiple people at the same time) unless some setting is changed.

This is what I thought too--but our advisor said that this problem is a new one, in addition to the hotmail problem. She told us to call schools that we haven't heard from--apparently several people had been emailed interview invites but didn't get the email (and these were not via hotmail). A telephone call fixed the mix-up in three different cases at my school.

This is a potentially scary prospect!

Has anyone else heard this? or Has anyone else's dean's office notified them???

I think my Yahoo account is a little screwy. Not only in October, playing Yahoo spades was it real choppy, and I have a great cablemodem connection... but in re: to email, I'm getting email at very awkward times... residency invites showing up as new at 10 pm, even though I've checked my email countless times that day... Thankfully I'm still getting enough interviews so I feel comfortable... so its not really that big an issue. The email will find its way to me eventually, I guess.

I also heard about the hotmail problem. But I just received a call from one of the schools I applied to who was following up on an invitation they sent via e-mail through ERAS which I never received. I've been using my school e-mail account. They told me they've had a lot of problems with several e-mail accounts through ERAS...

Pay heed to this thread.

I am not really in a position to discuss things in detail. That is ERAS's call, and it looks like they are doing good stuff by rapidly posting an appropriate notice to the program directors.

Look for some email offers and phone calls as a first contact in the next few days from programs that have neither yayed or nayed you, despite having downloaded all your materials and yourself being a good candidate for their program.

Best wishes,
roo