1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

ERAS Problems

Discussion in 'ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match' started by Francis, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Francis

Francis New Member

My dean's office advisor just emailed us all to tell us that ERAS has been having problems getting interview invites out to students--it seems there have been some computer problems. Anyone else heard about this?
    -Francis

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Banana Hammock

7+ Year Member

I heard the problem was only with settings on Hotmail--the invites can be interpreted as spam (sice they go out to multiple people at the same time) unless some setting is changed.

4. Francis

Francis New Member

This is what I thought too--but our advisor said that this problem is a new one, in addition to the hotmail problem. She told us to call schools that we haven't heard from--apparently several people had been emailed interview invites but didn't get the email (and these were not via hotmail). A telephone call fixed the mix-up in three different cases at my school.

This is a potentially scary prospect!

5. njdevil

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Has anyone else heard this? or Has anyone else's dean's office notified them???

6. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I think my Yahoo account is a little screwy. Not only in October, playing Yahoo spades was it real choppy, and I have a great cablemodem connection... but in re: to email, I'm getting email at very awkward times... residency invites showing up as new at 10 pm, even though I've checked my email countless times that day... Thankfully I'm still getting enough interviews so I feel comfortable... so its not really that big an issue. The email will find its way to me eventually, I guess.

7. I also heard about the hotmail problem. But I just received a call from one of the schools I applied to who was following up on an invitation they sent via e-mail through ERAS which I never received. I've been using my school e-mail account. They told me they've had a lot of problems with several e-mail accounts through ERAS...

8. roo

roo Voice From The Wilderness
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Pay heed to this thread.

I am not really in a position to discuss things in detail. That is ERAS's call, and it looks like they are doing good stuff by rapidly posting an appropriate notice to the program directors.

Look for some email offers and phone calls as a first contact in the next few days from programs that have neither yayed or nayed you, despite having downloaded all your materials and yourself being a good candidate for their program.

Best wishes,
    roo