ERAS Race/Ethnicity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pox in a box

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an ERAS question. Did anyone not put their race and/or ethnicity?

Members don't see this ad.

Pox in a box said:
I have an ERAS question. Did anyone not put their race and/or ethnicity?

Hi there,
I didn't bother as it was evident from my photo.

njbmd :)

I didn't bother as it was evident from my photo.

My understanding is that they can only download the photo once they send you an invite for an interview.

Samoa said:
I'm not. If people care what race or ethnicity I am, then that's a problem.

Besides, there's no checkbox for Chocolate/Coconut.
:laugh:

I haven't yet. I am not sure if I should bother. I don't like the fit of any category. Does anyone have any compelling reasons why one definitely should answer the question?

After all, french bulldog puppy wasn't on the list. I suppose I could check white. :D

trkd said:
I haven't yet. I am not sure if I should bother. I don't like the fit of any category. Does anyone have any compelling reasons why one definitely should answer the question?

I would like to know this as well, since I would like to feel that I was accepted for an interview without considering my race. :mad:

Anyone have a good reason?

Hard24Get said:
I would like to know this as well, since I would like to feel that I was accepted for an interview without considering my race. :mad:

Anyone have a good reason?

I kinda assumed it would not actually be given to the programs, but would be used for statistical purposes later on. Maybe someone should check it out. I really don't care enough to bother.