ERAS residency picture ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

citarita

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK---so this may seem picky. I recently got my picture taken for residency and am happy w/ most things but my friends saw it, and asked why I wasn't wearing a suit (I had a button-down shirt on). What do you guys think of this? It won't really be a big deal for me to get another one w/ a suit jacket. How many peeps had a suit jacket on? Do you think it makes a difference? Sorry to ask sucha nitty-gritty ?, but I heard from many people the picture is a big deal.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

citarita said:
OK---so this may seem picky. I recently got my picture taken for residency and am happy w/ most things but my friends saw it, and asked why I wasn't wearing a suit (I had a button-down shirt on). What do you guys think of this? It won't really be a big deal for me to get another one w/ a suit jacket. How many peeps had a suit jacket on? Do you think it makes a difference? Sorry to ask sucha nitty-gritty ?, but I heard from many people the picture is a big deal.
Thanks

Are you a girl or a guy? If you're a girl I'd say suit or not doesn't matter one bit, as long as the top isn't a t-shirt or polo shirt or something ultra-casual. If you're a guy, i'm not 100% sure about the accepted wear, but i'd think that a suit or at least a pressed shirt and tie would be proper.

The ERAS picture is the picture they used for our ID badges at the hospital I'm at.

just fyi.

the picture may come back to haunt you for 3 more years.

so i am a little behind on the ERAS stuff. what size pics do we need? and how do we het them onto ERAS?

Sanchik said:
so i am a little behind on the ERAS stuff. what size pics do we need? and how do we het them onto ERAS?

2"X2" passport photo. Submit it to your office of medical education. They download it to the ERAS site.

I let my school submit my med school orientation photo without really thinking about it. Baaaad decision. On two interviews, I was forced to wear a badge with that picture. I looked like Ernie the keebler elf.

Now, it is on my internship's website. I get pissed everytime I log on to the hospital system.

Submit a good photo! Does not matter what you are wearing...just make sure you don't look drunk, stoned, etc...