ERAS Score Reporting 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ApplicantAnnie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
+

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all!
There is some outdated and unclear information on this topic. Thank you for your updated information and answers.

Applicant: Osteopathic (D.O.)
USMLE Step 1: Second attempt 205
USMLE Step 2: 214
COMLEX Level 1: 483
COMLEX Level 2: 442
COMLEX PE: P
Specialties Applying: FM and IM

Questions:
1a) ACGME Match - Am I required to report USMLE scores since I took USMLE?

1b) ACGME Match - If I am not required to report USMLE even though I took USMLE, are my chances better if I report COMLEX only since no failures will show, or report both since I did pass USMLE Step 1 the second time and improve on Step 2?

2) AOA Match - Am I required to report USMLE scores since I took USMLE?

Thank you everyone!

1) You aren’t required to report USMLE scores in the NRMP match (at least you weren’t last year), but there is a box to check off if you have taken it, and so you run the risk of either being asked by the program if you did or them finding out later somehow. I ended up reporting my score anyways, but since you have a failure you are just going to have to weigh pros/cons of feeling morally deficient if you lie by omission.

2) For FM in the ACGME match, I don’t think reporting your failing USMLE is that big of a deal if you apply broadly and not just to programs in the northeast or California. If you for sure want to do IM, I think your chances are better without reporting.

3) The AOA match actually does not even let you submit a USMLE, so you are golden in that regard.

Take this with a grain of salt, I applied to a decently competitive specialty with a below average USMLE, so I kind of understand what you are going through, albeit a failure is a bit different. When applying, I would specifically seek out prior AOA programs that have already switched over, as they will be even less likely to look at the USMLE unfavorably.

Reactions: 1 user
Pick one of the 2 specialties and apply broadly... I would pick FM if I were in your position cause your chances are lower for IM.

since I did pass USMLE Step 1 the second time and improve on Step 2?

Not sure if it affects your calculus, but technically your 214 on Step 2 is a lower percentile score than your 205. A 205 on Step 1 represents the 13th percentile while a 214 on Step 2 is ~8th percentile. That being said, I would not report Step scores as you have a failure and down-trending scores.