Eras + Trying To Apply + Rejected!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foodcoma

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'M ON ERAS right now, designating my program of choice, (which are going to reject me anyways), and all the programs that I have selected have a little red statement written under them: you cannot apply to this program at this tiime. why? do i just designate my programs now, and the red thing will go away on sept 1?

Members don't see this ad.

foodcoma said:
I'M ON ERAS right now, designating my program of choice, (which are going to reject me anyways), and all the programs that I have selected have a little red statement written under them: you cannot apply to this program at this tiime. why? do i just designate my programs now, and the red thing will go away on sept 1?

Yes. ERAS is not officially open yet; after opening you can the apply to your programs and finalize your app.

Kimberli Cox said:
Yes. ERAS is not officially open yet; after opening you can the apply to your programs and finalize your app.

HI I'm an IMG and am applying for residency this year.
ECFMG is my designated Dean's office so i sent everything to them (original LOR, transcripts, etc ) 2 weeks ago but they are not uploaded anywhere. I read somewhere that unless you ASSIGN and APPLY to programs you won't be able to see the LOR that ERAS has? But as you know I can't apply to any programs until Sep 1st.

So does that mean that I won't be able to see any uploaded LOR until then?

How do I know for sure that they have received them and are just waiting until Sep 1st ?

And where do I check to see if they have received things anyways, is it on MYERAS or under document tracking systems or both?

very confused
thanks to anyone who can help enlighten me.

desiree said:
HI I'm an IMG and am applying for residency this year.
ECFMG is my designated Dean's office so i sent everything to them (original LOR, transcripts, etc ) 2 weeks ago but they are not uploaded anywhere. I read somewhere that unless you ASSIGN and APPLY to programs you won't be able to see the LOR that ERAS has? But as you know I can't apply to any programs until Sep 1st.

So does that mean that I won't be able to see any uploaded LOR until then?

How do I know for sure that they have received them and are just waiting until Sep 1st ?

And where do I check to see if they have received things anyways, is it on MYERAS or under document tracking systems or both?

very confused
thanks to anyone who can help enlighten me.

You will never be able to actually see the uploaded letters, just that they are there and in your file when they are uploaded. My guess is that you can't check on anything much before September 1 when ERAS opens.

It is very likely if it has only been 2 weeks since you sent stuff to ECFMG that they haven't uploaded them yet. After all, they receive tens of thousands of documents and are only human...2 weeks would be hopeful, IMHO.

If you want to know what they have and what they don't, the best way is to call them, since they won't answer emails. However, calling ECFMG is very painful and expensive since you will be on hold for a considerable period of time.

Kimberli Cox said:
You will never be able to actually see the uploaded letters, just that they are there and in your file when they are uploaded. My guess is that you can't check on anything much before September 1 when ERAS opens.

It is very likely if it has only been 2 weeks since you sent stuff to ECFMG that they haven't uploaded them yet. After all, they receive tens of thousands of documents and are only human...2 weeks would be hopeful, IMHO.

If you want to know what they have and what they don't, the best way is to call them, since they won't answer emails. However, calling ECFMG is very painful and expensive since you will be on hold for a considerable period of time.

hi thanks for your quick reply
i thought i read somewhere that they try to upload documents the next business day after receiving them, so that's why i thought 2 weeks was too long? or am i wrong.
thanks

desiree said:
hi thanks for your quick reply
i thought i read somewhere that they try to upload documents the next business day after receiving them, so that's why i thought 2 weeks was too long? or am i wrong.
thanks

They may TRY but in my experience it takes them longer to do it, especially this time of the year (ie, at the beginning of the application season) when they're very busy. However, perhaps they have hired more people since I went through 7 years ago.

At any rate, I don't believe you can see the uploaded material until September 1, but perhaps some others who are currently applying or did so recently can weigh in.

I remember spending a lot of time on the phone with them, checking on whether or not they received things, etc.

From ADTS FAQ:
Why is a Document, like a letter of recommendation or personal statement, not listed when it should be?

Files, such as a personal statement or letter of recommendation will not be listed if you have never assigned it to a program that you have applied to and paid for. To check this, please log into MyERAS, go to the Documents page and click on the "Show Assignments" link after the document name.
Your designated Dean's office can not upload a letter of recommendation until you have assigned it to at least one program that you have already applied to. Therefore, letters may take a few days to be sent to the Post Office for the first time.

As said above, I don't think you will be able to see until ERAS PO opens on Sept 1st...

to check the status of your deans letter, lors...ect with ecfmg

go to ecfmg.org
go to oasis
enter your id and password
go to token
click residency token
scroll down..
\\\

there will be a list...

took me a minute to figure all that out.

peace out

chief6124 said:

go to ecfmg.org
go to oasis
go to token
click residency token
scroll down..
\\\

there will be a list...

peace out

hi thanks everyone for your replies
i reread every word on the ecfmg and eras website and finally figured out that i needed to check oasis for the status of my documents, like the above posting has stated. and i'm happy to say that they have received my letter. now i can relax a little.

chief6124 said:

go to ecfmg.org
go to oasis
go to token
click residency token
scroll down..
\\\

there will be a list...

peace out

Thanks for figuring this out and sharing it with the OP and others. Very helpful.

Just to continue this thread, im confused about the LOR stuff too. I just designated two letter writers on the website, but how do I check/know whether a LOR has indeed been uploaded? I have to assign it to programs first and/or wait til 9/1?

uclabruins47 said:
Just to continue this thread, im confused about the LOR stuff too. I just designated two letter writers on the website, but how do I check/know whether a LOR has indeed been uploaded? I have to assign it to programs first and/or wait til 9/1?

Yes. Once you are able to assign letters to programs you will be able to see them ERAS. You can also call your Dean's Office and ask them if they've received/uploaded a letter if you're that concerned about it. As mentioned in other threads, you probably shouldn't get too worried about all this for a few more weeks though.

BE (now PE)

from the ADTS, "Letters of Recommendation can not be uploaded until they have been assigned to a program that you have applied to. " so since LORs are uploaded AFTER we apply, does that mean that potentially we are applying to programs when we may not even have a complete application?