Error in PS after submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ober0n23234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just rereading through my application on AAMCAS and I noticed some glaring errors with my PS. I used "Track Changes" function and when copying and pasting from Word, it had copied the phrases I had deleted alongside my changes. This made one paragraph almost unreadable.

I should have read it in the text box before submitting to AAMCAS, but the formatting of the text box made it difficult to read and instead chose to read the final copy as a PDF which didn't include those errors. Should I email admissions and talk to somebody about this?

Members don't see this ad.

You could try, but as far as I remember, once it's in, it's in. If I were you, I would definitely try though, cause this will not look good. When I read personal statements, I read fast. If it's even a little difficult to follow, I'm most likely going to put it to one side and move on to the other aspects of the file. It leaves a bad taste to be honest.

You could try, but as far as I remember, once it's in, it's in. If I were you, I would definitely try though, cause this will not look good. When I read personal statements, I read fast. If it's even a little difficult to follow, I'm most likely going to put it to one side and move on to the other aspects of the file. It leaves a bad taste to be honest.

Thanks 0919mmk! When considering applicants for interviews, does admissions read through the PS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course! We look at the whole package to try to get a sense of who the person is.

Thanks 0919mmk! When considering applicants for interviews, does admissions read through the PS?

Of course your PS gets read.

To be honest that was a pretty big oversight. I highly doubt there's anything you can do about it at this point. Lesson learned, I suppose.

I'm just rereading through my application on AAMCAS and I noticed some glaring errors with my PS. I used "Track Changes" function and when copying and pasting from Word, it had copied the phrases I had deleted alongside my changes. This made one paragraph almost unreadable.

I should have read it in the text box before submitting to AAMCAS, but the formatting of the text box made it difficult to read and instead chose to read the final copy as a PDF which didn't include those errors. Should I email admissions and talk to somebody about this?

That's strange. What is the final copy PDF that you are talking about - is it the view my application as PDF from the AMCAS site? If so, that should be your final application - there should be no difference between that and the rest of the application on the web site.

Of course your PS gets read.
For realz? There goes my idea to paste random recipes as a PC. :(

That's strange. What is the final copy PDF that you are talking about - is it the view my application as PDF from the AMCAS site? If so, that should be your final application - there should be no difference between that and the rest of the application on the web site.

I exported it as a pdf in Word.

I exported it as a pdf in Word.
Then you really messed up. I wish I could tell you anything reassuring but that will probably hurt your application. Try talking to AMCAS on the tiny chance to have it fixed and hope that some school will give you a bit of leeway. Best of luck!

Then you really messed up. I wish I could tell you anything reassuring but that will probably hurt your application. Try talking to AMCAS on the tiny chance to have it fixed and hope that some school will give you a bit of leeway. Best of luck!

Yeah.... I've sent the proper emails knowing there's little chance. I've already got Interview Invites from two of my top schools, so I'm wondering how much my application suffers from this. It's something I'll definitely bring up in the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Bring it up in interviews and I think you'll be fine, you're already getting them and I'm sure the admissions people realize it was not meant to be messed up like that :)

Reactions: 1 user