1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Error on AMCAS coursework?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by moo, May 15, 2001.

1. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm having trouble inputing the "academic term" in the coursework section. After I select the academic year, and go to select the academic term, there is only one choice in the drop-down box: "Select academic term." I can't continue until I select a term, but there's only one listed in the choices!!! Anyone know what's wrong?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dtreese

dtreese Caramel Gollum
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was having the same problem. For some reason the school years are f&&ked up, so you have to put something in for that first year. If you do, everything shows up.

4. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

What exactly do you mean? The first year says 1997, but I started college in Sept. 1998. And when I select 1997, the options still don't show up.

5. dtreese

dtreese Caramel Gollum
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Huh. My first year of school was 93 (yes, I'm an old fart), and I had the same problem when I kept trying to skip 1992. When I picked 1992 first, though, I had no problem. I'd suggest emailing amcas, but they don't seem to have anyone answering emails, as far as I can tell.

6. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    dtreese, don't feel bad, my first year was '91. AMCAS has replied to emails, but it takes about 2 weeks. Don't know if this helps, but, the years screw up on certain schools. For grad school, I had to change the year to get the semester to show up also. For undergrad it wasn't necessary. I got everything straight with a little practice (sheesh, if I have to practice on the application, what does the future hold?) :rolleyes:

7. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Nope, I picked 1997 (first year was 98) and still nothing showed... I called them yesterday and the guy said that he would look into it and that it should be fixed by tonight... well tonight has come and gone and I still can't get it to work. I have filled out all other parts of my application and am just waiting to finish it off... I really want to know what my AMCAS gpa is

8. tbachi

tbachi Member
    10+ Year Member

I am having problems with this also. I was trying to pick summer session for 1999, but the only choice it gave me was Full Year session. Im not sure why it did that but i've been waiting patiently for a response from AMCAS.

9. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I had probs too. Make sure your browser is compatible. I couldn't get the "course selection" section to work using Netscape. Then I tried accessing it from MSIE, and everything worked. Dont rely on AMCAS to help you, they wont. They are totally unprepared to handle a web-based application, and we have to suffer cause of it, so you gotta be a little creative.

10. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I have switched browsers. I tried Netscape, then IE 5, then IE 5.5 and still I can't get this darn thing to work. My whole app is basically complete except for this section! ARGH!

11. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey i had the same problem, but it was fixed when i entered the year AFTER the one i desired. for example if want 97 sometimes you have to enter 98 to get the quarter you want. get this, 97 is what shows up though. go figure!

12. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm having a similar problem. Everytime I try to enter specific coursework for the S2 (Spring) semester, it says it was for the year before rather than the actual year I attended. Under the help section, it does say that AMCAS will automatically convert the year to the AMCAS Academic year, whatever the hell that means. Maybe, for whatever bizarre reason, AMCAS needs to do it this way..... :rolleyes:

13. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

That's what I read, so I just entered the year / course like it is on my transcript, and left it like AAMCAS changed it. Apparently they don't have their years set up like ours.

Oh, well, I don't think it will be that big a deal as long as the courses are in the same chronological order as they are on your transcripts. :)

14. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

The only time I can get the Term Codes to show up is when I enter 2002 for Academic Year. I called their help line but they just said that they were working on it. They also told me to not log in for the next few days, until they send me an email, whenever the hell that'll be.

15. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Any news? This is happening repeatedly to me as well. Should I just go ahead and list my courses under the "Full Year" even if they are Spring semester courses? Why, oh why, did AAMC have to hire dimwits to program the application the year I apply?? :rolleyes: