error when installing palm program

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by dsp, Nov 30, 2005.

1. dsp

dsp Member
    7+ Year Member

help: I just bought a palm tx and was trying to install stedmans but got the followin error message and i couldnt install it. but the memory is not full : i have 45 mb free. i loaded other programs on it just fine. thanks

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\Palm\A\Install\Stedmans.pdb
    The memory in your handheld may be full. To check the available memory, select Menu/Info from the handheld's Application Launcher.
    Install synchronization failed

Protocol Error: Remote memory. (4013)

2. SoulPatch

SoulPatch New Member

I just got a Palm TX and am trying to install Stedman's . . . I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Go to Palm's website and download the firmware update. It corrects this problem.

4. SoulPatch

SoulPatch New Member

I can't find any such firmware update on the Palm website. I called support and they said that there isn't one for the Palm TX yet.

Neither Palm nor Skyscape have been able to help so far. I'm going to keep asking them though. Anyone else with the same problem that has been able to fix it?

5. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Oh sorry, you have the TX. I thought you said the T5 (that's what I get for reading while half asleep). The T5 had a similar problem that was corrected with a firmware update. Perhaps the problem has resurfaced on the TX models?

6. Sage880

Sage880 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm bringing this post back from the dead, but I have this problem now. Anyone know how to fix it? I'd like to put Stedmans on my TX.

7. KUMoose

KUMoose Grumpy old man
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Did you update the TX firmware? Have you also updated the PalmOS occasionally I've found that fixes a few random bugs.