Technology error when installing palm program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
help: I just bought a palm tx and was trying to install stedmans but got the followin error message and i couldnt install it. but the memory is not full : i have 45 mb free. i loaded other programs on it just fine. thanks

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\Palm\A\Install\Stedmans.pdb
The memory in your handheld may be full. To check the available memory, select Menu/Info from the handheld's Application Launcher.
Install synchronization failed

Protocol Error: Remote memory. (4013)

Members don't see this ad.

dsp said:
help: I just bought a palm tx and was trying to install stedmans but got the followin error message and i couldnt install it. but the memory is not full : i have 45 mb free. i loaded other programs on it just fine. thanks

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\Palm\A\Install\Stedmans.pdb
The memory in your handheld may be full. To check the available memory, select Menu/Info from the handheld's Application Launcher.
Install synchronization failed

Protocol Error: Remote memory. (4013)

I just got a Palm TX and am trying to install Stedman's . . . I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't find any such firmware update on the Palm website. I called support and they said that there isn't one for the Palm TX yet.

Neither Palm nor Skyscape have been able to help so far. I'm going to keep asking them though. Anyone else with the same problem that has been able to fix it?

I'm bringing this post back from the dead, but I have this problem now. Anyone know how to fix it? I'd like to put Stedmans on my TX.

Did you update the TX firmware? Have you also updated the PalmOS occasionally I've found that fixes a few random bugs.