errors in EK verbal 101

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

russellfx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a copy of the 2nd edition of the EK 101 verbal reasoning and after doing the "warm up" I noticed a couple things:
1) There was 17 questions in the warm up but the Answer key(not the answers explained) showed 18.
2) After briefly going through the questions I realized that the front key told me an answer was wrong that was in fact right based on the answers explained.
3) I then checked out the raw score conversion and found that on the raw score side its out of 60. Now I'm pretty sure that the way your supposed to calculate the raw score is based on how many you got right. Well .. since theres only 40 questions, I'm assuming this is a problem?

Anyone else notice these things or shed some light on the situation. I mean I payed $50 for the book so I would like to make sure I'm getting the right answers right and also would like to see where I stand based on the raw score converter.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah check out the link above for the correct score converter.

About the warm-up: there were only 17 questions but 18 answers in the Key. I think they took out a question in the editing process. Be sure to CHECK your answers with the explanations because due to the numbering issue 16-17 may be affected. I think answers to 16 and 17 were actually listed as 17 and 18, but again use the explanations to check the Warm-Up.

So far the exams have had no other errors past the Warm-Up, which is good news...