Escrow account for international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omegalulz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been fortunate to get a few acceptances and plan to take out a loan (with a relative who is U.S citizen as co-signer) for the entire 4 years (tuition + living). Can any current international at an MD school who established an escrow account tell me how this works, especially those in my situation? Do I need to take out $300k+ immediately before my first year? Or I can take out 1 year at a time with the bank's verification that I am qualified to take out the loan for the following years? Totally in the dark for this.

Members don't see this ad.

Contact financial aid offices at the schools you’ve been accepted to, nobody here can help you with this specific question unless they go to your schools, most likely.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you for your reply. i was just wondering if anyone has done it before and what to expect and fully aware that schools have different policies regarding this. i have reached out to those schools but have not received a reply yet.