Essay Edge.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegymbum

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the consensus on ESSAY EDGE is....?

I've heard a ton of positive and negative opinions. I have it open, credit card number typed in, essay attached, about to click submit. But past of me is being stingy about that 120 bucks :p

Any advice? And is the 70 dollar "opinion service" any good if I decide I want to save 50 bucks? Heh. Just thought I'd see if anyone has any insight. Gracias!

Members don't see this ad.

thegymbum said:
So the consensus on ESSAY EDGE is....?

I've heard a ton of positive and negative opinions. I have it open, credit card number typed in, essay attached, about to click submit. But past of me is being stingy about that 120 bucks :p

Any advice? And is the 70 dollar "opinion service" any good if I decide I want to save 50 bucks? Heh. Just thought I'd see if anyone has any insight. Gracias!

HOLY **** $120 :eek: ... pay me $100 and i'll do whatever it is they do

Whatever you do: Do not use essay edge. :mad:

I think I just wasted 120 bucks for someone to tell me that they.. and yes I quote.. "enjoyed reading your essay, and was particularly impressed with your strong writing skills and ear for language. You did an excellent job of smoothly incorporating personal stories into a narrative of your decision to become a doctor. There were very few grammatical mistakes in the original essay.." You get the gist. THEY DIDNT DO JACK ****. Seriously, I either want my money back or a new editor.

So for those of you considering essay edge: think again.

I should've paid you to do it, bmw m3 ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
no gymbum! with all the english majors on here who would have done it for free!!!!!!!!!! nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! you need your money back is what you need!

E-mail me your essay at [email protected] and I will personally rip into it. If you additionally offer me your resume, I can suggest which experiences to include if you wish. This offer is open to anybody since I have all of July off! (YAY!!!)

In general, if you are in a sorority or frat or scholarship hall or honors dorm, having your peers read it will be more worthwhile than a generic essay service. Scarily, my mom (who was an English major in the 1970s) was more helpful than some of the services I encountered.

Since you have some friendly SDNers who are willing to read your essay for free, you should go ahead and take them up on it. EssayEdge is expensive, I agree. However, when I was writing my personal statement last summer, I caved in and used their service (the $120, I believe). I'm very satisfied with the results; my editor tweaked various parts to make it sound stronger. It's totally up to you what you wish to do. There are plenty of very good proofreaders here on SDN and amongst your peers, so feel free to use them as a resource. Also, if you have a professor that is willing to read over your essay, you could also do that.

My husband graduated with a degree in English. I have always had him edit and critique my papers. So he will definitely be looking at my personal statement before I send in my app! My writing skills have definitely improved with him on my back. ;)

My own ready-made editor! :D

Never pay to have someone do that.

There are accepted students on SDN that will do this for you, you probably know people that are capable enough that will do it.

Hell, if I weren't working on my third PS, I'd offer to look at a few myself.

Just don't go dropping $$$ that you'll need for application fees later.

Why pay for someone to read it, when you can get volunteers and/or friends and/or English majors with spare time to do it? Someone who knows more about you is more likely to be able to help you more than someone who's getting paid to reply about an essay. If I wrote a horrible essay and sent it to them, would they actually try to make it really good, if they get paid the same whether they say it's good or not?