essay questions at CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Susan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the essay questions for CCOM? Thought I'd better getting going on it before the application comes. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The questions are Why did you apply to CCOM and why should we accept you to this years class. Your have a very small amount of space for both answers. They also ask you about why you think their University honor code is important.

I think the exact questions are:
1) Why are honour and integrity important to the medical profession? (Or something like that)
2) What qualities do you feel you can bring to this year's class?

AZCOM has the exact same questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI

CCOM and AZCOM are run by the same people. Midwestern University.

------------------
DocGibby
MSUCOM class of 2004

Susan,

Here they are. Good luck.

Phillip Snider, MS, RD
UNECOM '04

1. List college extracurricular activites and honors. Include dates and leadership responsibilities.
2. List community activites and honors. Include dates and leadership responsibilities.
3.List your favorite hobbies and/or non-academic interests.
4. Lista ll medically related work and/or volunteer experiences. Include date, position, title and responsibilities. You may attach a resume.
5. Why did you apply to CCOM?
6. Why should we accept you into this year's class?

The last one is:
The students at Midwestern University have established a university wide honor. code. The code is designed to promote and educate students on teh importance of personal integrity in the medical profession and hopes to further Midwestern University as a community of integrity and trust. Given the importance Midwesterin University places on honor and integrity plese respond to the following question as completely as possible. Why are one's personal honor and integrity important in the medical profession?

Thanks for such a detailed reply.

------------------
S

Susan,

One more thing. I didn't use the space provided to answer the last question. I treated it like an essay question and submitted a 3/4 page response. They must have liked it at AZCOM because I got in there.

Phillip Snider,MS,RD
UNECOM '04

I did just what Phillip did, I wrote between one and three-quarters page essay answering the questions. I too was accepted at AZCOM and CCOM is making their decision on me today. We'll see what they think tomorrow I guess.
-Rob
AZCOM '04

since azcom and ccom asked practically the same questions, I just copied and pasted my responses to one app over to the other. i wonder if that's good or bad. probably doesn't matter.

I cut and pasted most of it but I customized some. They are essentially the same school (with minor difference in curriculum). I was accepted at both schools, so I say go for it as long as what you copy and paste is accurate to you and fitting to their application.
-RH
CCOM '04