Essay services

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

punkin2

Has anyone tried any essay writing services for their personal statement? I'm really struggling with mine, and I thought I may try it. Especially after I got an "N" on my MCAT, I think it's important to have a strong essay.

Any recommendations or feedback.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Don't pay someone else to write your essay. Remember, your interviewer will actually meet you in person and will compare your presence with the impression you gave in the essay. At very best that would make you look like some kind of mixed-up schizo freak.

Don't worry. Everyone struggles a bit with that essay. Just stick with it. It'll come together.

Personally, I don't think the money would be well-spent. You're probably better off having friends you trust/respect, an advisor, or a professor read through your personal statement, or just bouncing ideas off of them to get started. Don't worry if you're having trouble right now -- I have always considered writing to be one of my strong talents, and everyone hated the first draft of my personal statement -- actually I even hated it! Keep thinking and working on it, and something will come together.

Would you write your own resume or would you go to a resume writing service? I know I have done both and the resume from the professional service was very nice and got me more interviews then my home-made one.

Thats not to say that an essay service is the way to go, but If you are not very good at essay writing and give them your draft (made up of your words) and let them polish it for you it might not be a bad idea. I think it would not be a good idea or them to write one from scratch for you...

Be sure you can explain any essay that you turn in!