Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

essays

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by xylem29, Dec 12, 2005.

1. xylem29

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hey, just wondering, did anyone purchase the msar book and books about how to write an essay (the med school ones) that get you accepted/interviews? Just wondering if those are worth as much as the mcat prep books.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TimmyTheWonderD

TimmyTheWonderD Takin' it 1 day @ a time!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When I started the application process, the man who was my premedical advisor had grown to ill to work, and I was left on my own to figure out everything. I went to the local community college library and looked through some of these books. If you are interested in these books check your library and just look through them. Once you have read one of these "how to get into medical school", "the medical school admissions process", etc, you have read them all!

4. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The essay books are usually better references to show you what things have already been done to death than what things you should do. Adcoms prefer some degree of originality, I suspect.