essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xylem29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, just wondering, did anyone purchase the msar book and books about how to write an essay (the med school ones) that get you accepted/interviews? Just wondering if those are worth as much as the mcat prep books.

Members don't see this ad.

When I started the application process, the man who was my premedical advisor had grown to ill to work, and I was left on my own to figure out everything. I went to the local community college library and looked through some of these books. If you are interested in these books check your library and just look through them. Once you have read one of these "how to get into medical school", "the medical school admissions process", etc, you have read them all!

xylem29 said:
hey, just wondering, did anyone purchase the msar book and books about how to write an essay (the med school ones) that get you accepted/interviews? Just wondering if those are worth as much as the mcat prep books.

The essay books are usually better references to show you what things have already been done to death than what things you should do. Adcoms prefer some degree of originality, I suspect.