Essential Palm programs for a new 3rd yr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darth Vader

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I know that people have been posting good websites to go to for free palm programs, but I am just wondering which programs at these websites do you all find to be the most useful for your palms. I've already downloaded epocrates Rx and ID, and now I am looking for good stuff for general medicine. Should I be paying for programs like Harrison's from handheldmed, or should I just stick with the free stuff? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Things I actually USE on my Handspring:

Epocrates Rx
Physician's Drug Handbook (when epocrates is too abbreviated)
5 Minute Clinical Consult for quick reading about the essentials of a disease/treatment
Taber's Medical Dictionary for looking up terms you've heard, but conveniently forgotten
patient keeper or patient tracker (for certain rotations), although I still find the old paper and pen method faster and more convenient as a student

other than this, I find most of the other programs, free or otherwise, poor substitutes for the printed handbooks out there.

Anyway, maybe the content will continue to improve as time goes on, easier to read screens, easier to search programs, etc.

Good luck!

lumbrical's list is right on.

I would suggest that you get the Skyscape version of 5MCC rather than the handheldmed version.

I also use the Merck manual quite a bit.

Plus download Vexed. Awesome little game!

:)

Mindy

Thanks for the info guys. Could someone also post the websites for where to get these programs again? I remember that someone posted before that AMSA members should be able to get Merck for free at Handheldmed.com , but when I went there, I couldn't find the link. Thanks again.