1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Essential Palm programs for a new 3rd yr

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Darth Vader, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Membership Revoked
    Removed

Hello, I know that people have been posting good websites to go to for free palm programs, but I am just wondering which programs at these websites do you all find to be the most useful for your palms. I've already downloaded epocrates Rx and ID, and now I am looking for good stuff for general medicine. Should I be paying for programs like Harrison's from handheldmed, or should I just stick with the free stuff? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lumbrical

lumbrical Member
    10+ Year Member

Things I actually USE on my Handspring:

Epocrates Rx
    Physician's Drug Handbook (when epocrates is too abbreviated)
    5 Minute Clinical Consult for quick reading about the essentials of a disease/treatment
    Taber's Medical Dictionary for looking up terms you've heard, but conveniently forgotten
    patient keeper or patient tracker (for certain rotations), although I still find the old paper and pen method faster and more convenient as a student

other than this, I find most of the other programs, free or otherwise, poor substitutes for the printed handbooks out there.

Anyway, maybe the content will continue to improve as time goes on, easier to read screens, easier to search programs, etc.

Good luck!

4. Mindy

Mindy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

lumbrical's list is right on.

I would suggest that you get the Skyscape version of 5MCC rather than the handheldmed version.

I also use the Merck manual quite a bit.

Plus download Vexed. Awesome little game!

:)

Mindy

5. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Membership Revoked
    Removed

Thanks for the info guys. Could someone also post the websites for where to get these programs again? I remember that someone posted before that AMSA members should be able to get Merck for free at Handheldmed.com , but when I went there, I couldn't find the link. Thanks again.