1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Establishing an organization?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by No2thDk, Mar 25, 2001.

1. No2thDk

No2thDk Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I am a predent at a small university. I want to get a group started for predent students to meet and share ideas. Maybe go on trips to dental conventions or tour schools. Any ideas on how to start a group like this?
    My pre-professional advisor and student life office were no help.
    Have any of you started anything like this?

Any advice is appreciated
    Thanks,

------------------
    Jessy

2. jbritt

jbritt New Member

Our dental club, a group of about 15 people got together, elected officers to run the club, and then established an ASDA chapter at our school. I think if you go to their website (American Student Dental Association), you will find info on starting a chapter at your school. It's such a nice thing to have! Definitely recommend taking trips to visit dental schools, it's so much fun and you really bond with people with similar career goals. I have made a lot friends through our chapter. Hope this helps

3. DrDMD05

DrDMD05 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes I am founder and president of Delta Delta Sigma a ASDA chapter at MTSU. you need to talk to Beth Winer, she will help you organize and start your club. call or write her at:

1.800.621.8099 ext. 2845

ASDA.net.org email

Beth Winer
    211 E. Chicago Ave Suite 1160
    Chicago Ill 60611

[This message has been edited by DrDMD05 (edited March 28, 2001).]

4. No2thDk

No2thDk Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks jbritt and DrDMD05! I can't wait to get started!

------------------
    Jessy