Establishing NY state residency for tuition purpose

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shvora

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the orientation website they have a link to NY state residency requirement http://src.buffalo.edu/studentaccount/residency.shtml. It seems like I need to show some proof that suggests more than just tuition purpose for establishing residency. I will be signing a lease from Aug 1st -July 31. I will also change my driver's license and registration to NY state. Besides this do I have to earn in NY prior to school or during school.I know I will not be eligible for in-state tuitioin during my first year. I am hoping for instate tuition in Fall 2009 onwards (second year) and hence trying to ensure that I meet the requirements from now!

Could someone who did not want to buy property and was in the same shoes as I am list what specifically I need to do, and which documents I must submit from the UB link provided above to guarentee my instate status nect year?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I thought in New York even illegal criminaliens only have to pay instate tuition. If you're not afforded the same privilege being a legal US citizen, maybe you can call Spitzer's office or the ACLU to start a lawsuit .