Establishing residency in North Carolina (changing from OOS to IS at NCSU CVM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted989551

How exactly does one change from OOS to IS at NCSU?

No, I have not heard anything yet, but I think this will be helpful to the 20 people who receive an OOS spot. I've read the attached RDS guidebook and am still confused. Are there any students on the forum that have done this and can outline the required steps?

The primary question I have is, if my mother is a guarantor on an apartment application, does that disqualify me?

Any advice specific for gaining NC residency would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you very much!

Hopefully we will hear back next week.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I realize there is <3% acceptance rate, but if the skies parted, pigs start flying, and I actually gain admission (lol), I won't have much time to make a decision. My IS school would be much cheaper if I know that I'll pay 4 yrs as an OOS student (no matter how much I adore their program).

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• RDS_Guidebook.pdf
    715.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:
Unless something has changed since my class, they'll have help and dos/don'ts for ya once you're accepted. Pretty much everyone gets IS status if they try.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
How exactly does one change from OOS to IS at NCSU?

No, I have not heard anything yet, but I think this will be helpful to the 20 people who receive an OOS spot. I've read the attached RDS guidebook and am still confused. Are there any students on the forum that have done this and can outline the required steps?

The primary question I have is, if my mother is a guarantor on an apartment application, does that disqualify me?

Any advice specific for gaining NC residency would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you very much!

Hopefully we will hear back next week.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I realize there is <3% acceptance rate, but if the skies parted, pigs start flying, and I actually gain admission (lol), I won't have much time to make a decision. My IS school would be much cheaper if I know that I'll pay 4 yrs as an OOS student (no matter how much I adore their program).
Hi there!! So not exactly this situation but when I moved to NC initially, I had a job at NCSU and was able to use the RDS website to apply for "residency". NCSU essentially just had me fill out some paperwork that said I was a fulltime employee, I had no plans on moving away and once the appropriate documentation was uploaded to the RDS website I was awarded residency. I'm not "specific" on the students process but I believe it is something similar to that. The RDS website gives you information on the documentation it needs but I assume the school would also be able to walk you through the steps as well for what they need on their end!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there!! So not exactly this situation but when I moved to NC initially, I had a job at NCSU and was able to use the RDS website to apply for "residency". NCSU essentially just had me fill out some paperwork that said I was a fulltime employee, I had no plans on moving away and once the appropriate documentation was uploaded to the RDS website I was awarded residency. I'm not "specific" on the students process but I believe it is something similar to that. The RDS website gives you information on the documentation it needs but I assume the school would also be able to walk you through the steps as well for what they need on their end!
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am also a NCSU full time employee, do you mind me messaging you for a few questions?

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am also a NCSU full time employee, do you mind me messaging you for a few questions?
Go for it! :)

Reactions: 1 user