Establishing Residency in Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Little Rascal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if moving to WA (to work) at least 12 months before the fall of 2009 would allow me to apply as an in-state applicant? I know some schools go by date of matriculation, but I couldn't find out from the UW website. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if moving to WA (to work) at least 12 months before the fall of 2009 would allow me to apply as an in-state applicant? I know some schools go by date of matriculation, but I couldn't find out from the UW website. Thanks in advance!

For the med school's purposes, you need to be there by July 1st of the year before you start school. I did just exactly what you're trying to do and will be a student there next year, so feel free to PM me if you have questions about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the med school's purposes, you need to be there by July 1st of the year before you start school. I did just exactly what you're trying to do and will be a student there next year, so feel free to PM me if you have questions about it.

you got in to UW!?! CONGRATS! i'm so excited for you. my gpa is around that range as well and i'm also a WA resident. Any advice for me? What extracurriculars did u do?

Sorry, the UW is full.