This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Possum737

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my DAT test date is 10 days away :dead:
I have mostly been studying using DAT Bootcamp, Kaplan Blue Book and practice tests, Cliff's AP Bio, and Google for things that aren't clear.

Just before I became serious about studying (about 2 months ago) I took a Kaplan practice Test and received an academic average of 18 and PAT score of 19.

Lately I have been taking DAT Bootcamp practice tests.
My averages are as follows: Bio: 20
GC: 22
OC: 20
PAT: 21
RC: 22
QR: I have not yet taken Bootcamp QR test but I received a 19 on the Kaplan DAT
and this was before studying that section so I think my Bootcamp score will be higher.

Like I said, I still have 10 days of studying so I have room for a little improvement before test day. Do you guys think that a 21 or 22 AA is possible with this trajectory? I hear that DAT Bootcamp is slightly more difficult than the actual DAT in most subjects except Bio. Please give me realistic predictions of my score and any study/test-taking tips for the days leading up to the test are welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks good! How many Bootcamp tests have you done in each section?
Also, I'd save the 2007 and 2009 practice ADA DAT for a couple days prior to your test! They're a pretty good indicator of where you stand.

Looks good! How many Bootcamp tests have you done in each section?
Also, I'd save the 2007 and 2009 practice ADA DAT for a couple days prior to your test! They're a pretty good indicator of where you stand.

I have done two tests in each section (except Bio I've done three). But I have already looked over the ADA 2007 DAT and it seemed very straightforward. I'll take your advice and save the 2009 for a couple days before. Tomorrow I'm going to work on QR and take two Bootcamp tests. I have been studying first, then I take one Bootcamp test, then I study sections I did poorly on in the first test. After this review, I take the second test.

I plan to save the last three Bootcamp tests for the days leading up the DAT. I want to take them consecutively and in the order that they appear on the real test. I figure the DAT is just as much about being able to transition from one subject to the next, being able to manage your time, and not giving out after 5 hours as it is about knowledge. This way I hope to simulate the real DAT 3 times in the days leading up to the DAT and continue studying the areas I do poorly on.

Is this a good idea?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have done two tests in each section (except Bio I've done three). But I have already looked over the ADA 2007 DAT and it seemed very straightforward. I'll take your advice and save the 2009 for a couple days before. Tomorrow I'm going to work on QR and take two Bootcamp tests. I have been studying first, then I take one Bootcamp test, then I study sections I did poorly on in the first test. After this review, I take the second test.

I plan to save the last three Bootcamp tests for the days leading up the DAT. I want to take them consecutively and in the order that they appear on the real test. I figure the DAT is just as much about being able to transition from one subject to the next, being able to manage your time, and not giving out after 5 hours as it is about knowledge. This way I hope to simulate the real DAT 3 times in the days leading up to the DAT and continue studying the areas I do poorly on.

Is this a good idea?
Yes that's what I did. I did all 5 bio, gen, orgo bootcamp tests about a week prior. Made sure I learned from my mistakes before I did the next test. You should definitely take these tests just like you would in the real DAT (ie. 90minSciences 60min PAT back-to-back).
Not sure if you're like me, but I don't normally "burn out" so I was doing practice tests up until the last day before my DAT.

YES! Definitely let me know how it is! I've seen lots of forums by people that took the DAT in 2012 or earlier. Almost no one in 2015.
If you search through "DAT Discussions" for the most recent postings, you should find quite a few DAT breakdowns. (Is that what you meant by "forums"?)

It looks like you have a good handle on things. Keep going and I'm sure you will be fine! Best of luck to you!!

youll do great, i was averaging the same on BC and on the real thing scored a 21 AA 21 TS 23 RC and 24 PAT, no section below 20.....The most important thing the few days you have before the exam is to be confident and trust yourself.

youll do great, i was averaging the same on BC and on the real thing scored a 21 AA 21 TS 23 RC and 24 PAT, no section below 20.....The most important thing the few days you have before the exam is to be confident and trust yourself.
Thanks! You make me so much better! I've seen some forums where they say Bootcamp is about equal to the DAT or even a little easier in some sections so I was really worried!