1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Estimating Overall Percentile

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ioncannon98, Oct 5, 2002.

1. ioncannon98

ioncannon98 New Member

Does anyone know how we can estimate what our percentile for the composite score is? They report the percentiles for each section but I am hoping to find out what the percentile ranking for my composite score (36) is. I thought maybe some keen statisticians would know how we could estimate this based on the percentile rankings of each section. I read Blietzkreg's post on another thread where he/she claimed that they were in the 98-99% for the composite score. Anyone know how Blietzkreg got that number?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I talked to some AAMC people and other MCAT professionals (work for a certain prep company) and they concurred that for the April 2002 session, that my score was in that %ile range. I think a 36 would be there too, but I haven't seen the breakdown on the August MCAT scores yet.

4. STi555

STi555 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree. It would be really interesting if someone could make a chart of the overall percentiles. I know it wouldn't be perfect, but it would be nice. My reason is because lots of people ask me my score, but the number means nothing to them so I have to explain how the test is scored and what a good score would be. It would be much easier to say I got a --- which is -- percentile. So if anyone has some insight please share.

5. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Since AAMC will be reporting the composite MCAT score in April 2003, I think that there is a good chance they will give composite percentiles along with the percentiles that correlate with the individual sections. If they do give the composite percentiles, I think that would correlate pretty well with percentiles for the 2002 composite scores. I know it's a long time to wait, but it will be interesting to see if they do give the composite percentiles.