Estimation of Verbal Score on Kaplan tests w/o score conversion table

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4s4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should we generally aim for on these practice tests? It's kind of frustrating since I've looked at the score conversion charts at the back of the book for tests 4-10 and they vary a lot. So if I get a raw score on any other random test they have w/o the chart, I'm kind of lost about how well I actually did, since the converted score heavily depends on the difficulty of the test as a whole, which I'm having trouble estimating.

Members don't see this ad.

depends on what you're shooting for.

every verbal section is out of 60, so definitely a good score is when you break 50. everyone's different; i'm always shooting for 48, 49, 50.

4s4 said:
What should we generally aim for on these practice tests? It's kind of frustrating since I've looked at the score conversion charts at the back of the book for tests 4-10 and they vary a lot. So if I get a raw score on any other random test they have w/o the chart, I'm kind of lost about how well I actually did, since the converted score heavily depends on the difficulty of the test as a whole, which I'm having trouble estimating.

What I did was average all the Kaplan score conversion scales I had... your score will fluctuate based on the difficulty of each particular test, but it should average out to be the same. Actually, I've done some "Kaplan Section Tests" for VR, and my last 4 (#3 to #6, 60 questions each) my lowest score was only 2 points lower than my highest score.. in other words, very similar.

Thanks for the feedback! My scores on those are so embarassing that I don't even want to post it lol. It's great that you're aiming for 50+ lol. I can't even dream of getting anywhere close to that right now.

Your score only fluctuated by 2 points? My lowest was 35/60 for the recent ones while my highest was 43/60 (a bit of a range, yes horrible scores I know, but oh well).

Members don't see this ad :)
4s4 said:
Thanks for the feedback! My scores on those are so embarassing that I don't even want to post it lol. It's great that you're aiming for 50+ lol. I can't even dream of getting anywhere close to that right now.

Your score only fluctuated by 2 points? My lowest was 35/60 for the recent ones while my highest was 43/60 (a bit of a range, yes horrible scores I know, but oh well).

The range from my lowest to highest is 11% (the low one was out of 33, not 60, so I can't compare points). So that's comparable to yours (8/60 = 13%).

But I've found that they've stabilized after a few tests. Or I've reached my peak. :rolleyes:

trozman said:
The range from my lowest to highest is 11% (the low one was out of 33, not 60, so I can't compare points). So that's comparable to yours (8/60 = 13%).

But I've found that they've stabilized after a few tests. Or I've reached my peak. :rolleyes:

stop wasting time doing statistical analysis on your scores

shraf said:
stop wasting time doing statistical analysis on your scores

Stop wasting your time replying to other people's posts. :laugh:

Are you for real? Don't be a doctor, k. ;)