Estupido question, but no question is stupid... right? (I'm freaking out)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldandapager

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When evaluating candidates for medical school, which grades will the committees see? I know that the process takes a while (summer - spring?) so, which of my grades will actually count?

My problem is that with this semester my BCPM GPA will drop to about a 3.4 with about 26 hours of science classes completed. Before next summer comes about I will have 23 additional hours to raise my GPA. But, if I don't hit my golden number, can I still use classes my senior year to pump up my sci gpa?

Abridged version:

Will senior year class grades be evaluated with my apps for med school? Just Fall?

Thanks a ton SDNers
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

which of my grades will actually count?
All of them. CC grades, college classes from high school, and courses from every school you've been to will be averaged in. Only grades received by the time of your application will be considered, though poor performance thereafter could result in you getting acceptances withdrawn. If you rock your senior year, sending updated transcripts and/or letters of interest can help your case.

All of them. CC grades, college classes from high school, and courses from every school you've been to will be averaged in. Only grades received by the time of your application will be considered, though poor performance thereafter could result in you getting acceptances withdrawn. If you rock your senior year, sending updated transcripts and/or letters of interest can help your case.

even AP classes frm high school?

Members don't see this ad :)
he meant community college courses you took while in high school. lots of people take a couple of courses maybe during the summer so they can skip a math level like calculus.

When evaluating candidates for medical school, which grades will the committees see? I know that the process takes a while (summer - spring?) so, which of my grades will actually count?

My problem is that with this semester my BCPM GPA will drop to about a 3.4 with about 26 hours of science classes completed. Before next summer comes about I will have 23 additional hours to raise my GPA. But, if I don't hit my golden number, can I still use classes my senior year to pump up my sci gpa?

Abridged version:

Will senior year class grades be evaluated with my apps for med school? Just Fall?

Thanks a ton SDNers
:thumbup:

If you take a year off, all of senior year will count. If you apply summer after junior year, senior grades won't count because...well, they don't exist yet.