Ethical Pharmacy Student Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLPHARMD2001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a pharmacy student who attends pharmacy school in IL but lives and works back home (in MI) during the summer. I have heard that she is going to apply for residency and plans to lie on the residency application and not report her summer work information. She shares a rental during the school year and her landlord has agreed to lie about her summer occupancy as well. Any thoughts on how to handle this situation? We are in the top 5 of honest/trusted professions and I think it is terrible that she would do this.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure I'm seeing why leaving work information off an application would be harmful in any way unless she worked in a brothel selling cocaine to under-aged puppies.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a pharmacy student who attends pharmacy school in IL but lives and works back home (in MI) during the summer. I have heard that she is going to apply for residency and plans to lie on the residency application and not report her summer work information. She shares a rental during the school year and her landlord has agreed to lie about her summer occupancy as well. Any thoughts on how to handle this situation? We are in the top 5 of honest/trusted professions and I think it is terrible that she would do this.

Unless you are a enforcement agent for the university I don't understand why this is of your concern.