Ethnicity/Race

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kypdurron5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just working on filling out AMCAS 2007 and something occurred to me. If you are NOT part of a minority would it be better to not list any race/ethnicity at all on the AMCAS application? At least that way they can't classify you as URM OR run-of-the-mill-average-white-guy. Any thoughts?

Oh, one more thing- there's a marker for "disadvantaged status" which is self-proclaimed. What are your thoughts on the implications of choosing this?

Members don't see this ad.

, one more thing- there's a marker for "disadvantaged status" which is self-proclaimed. What are your thoughts on the implications of choosing this?[/QUOTE]

You better actually be disadvantaged b/c if you give some b.s., I'll bet that would piss off the adcoms. If you are disadvantaged by all means check it and explain.

kypdurron5 said:
I was just working on filling out AMCAS 2007 and something occurred to me. If you are NOT part of a minority would it be better to not list any race/ethnicity at all on the AMCAS application? At least that way they can't classify you as URM OR run-of-the-mill-average-white-guy. Any thoughts?

Oh, one more thing- there's a marker for "disadvantaged status" which is self-proclaimed. What are your thoughts on the implications of choosing this?
That's true, they can't really classify u as a URM or a "run-of-the-mill-average-white-guy", if you leave it blank because they don't know for sure. However, I'd think that if you left it blank, it'd be assumed that you are a "run-of-the-mill-average-white-guy" by default. Whether or not that's true, I have no idea... either way if you're granted an interview, they'll find out when you get there.