Etiquette for Research on CV/ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoinHardenYaHoe

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So basically, I submitted a project as a poster to my school's research day and it was accepted about a month ago.

I just found out this morning that the manuscript was accepted and now I'm not sure if I should still present the poster (considering that the project will be published).

The research day is in two weeks from now, if that matters.

Should I just do it and fluff my CV? I submitted the poster under a different title than the mss.

Thanks for the advice

Members don't see this ad.

it's a school conference so it's totally fine. to be honest, i see people at all training levels at national conferences that have manuscripts accepted after a poster was accepted and they don't withdraw it. i think usually the conference organizers just ask that it's unpublished at the time of submission.

Routinely, you submit an abstract, and by the time it's time to present the poster, the paper is already accepted and in press.

You still present the poster because most people looking at the poster wouldn't have thought to look for that topic as a paper.

Update the results of your poster with what you put in the paper, so that they're similar (albeit maybe not in the same amount of detail as the manuscript).

And yes, you log this as both a poster and a publication for purposes of ERAS. Under 1 research experience.

Reactions: 2 users