eTranscripts from AMCAS marked as "not received" despite being told by Parchment that they were received on 5/5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

true_royal

Reaction score
Basically the title. I requested transcripts from two different schools - one was a university and one was a community college. The university's transcripts were sent, processed, and received by AMCAS all on the same day. On 5/5, Parchment told me the transcripts from my community college were successfully delivered to and downloaded by AMCAS. On the AMCAS portal it's still marked as "not received" though. I called AMCAS twice about this - the first person said that this was just a normal part of the process and that it'll be marked as "received" once AMCAS finishes processing it. The second person said that this is apart of a larger "known issue" with Parchment. I requested another set of eTranscripts from the CC this morning, but I don't think there's much I can do about this. According to AMCAS's transcript processing page, they said that eTranscripts delivered on 5/13 were marked as "received" on 5/15, so mine from 5/5 is pretty behind. Not sure what to do.

EDIT: AMCAS just marked it as "received" today on 5/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You're doing all you can. Assuming you gave Parchment the correct AAMC and Transcript IDs (no reason to think you didn't, since you didn't have a problem with your other transcript) there is nothing else for you to do. You shouldn't have even had to send the second transcript, assuming you have to pay for every request.

If it's a "known issue" you are screwed until they figure it out. Hopefully, that will happen before 5/27. Any detail on exactly what the issue is, since most of us, including you with your other transcript, are not experiencing it? Good luck!!

You're doing all you can. Assuming you gave Parchment the correct AAMC and Transcript IDs (no reason to think you didn't, since you didn't have a problem with your other transcript) there is nothing else for you to do. You shouldn't have even had to send the second transcript, assuming you have to pay for every request.

If it's a "known issue" you are screwed until they figure it out. Hopefully, that will happen before 5/27. Any detail on exactly what the issue is, since most of us, including you with your other transcript, are not experiencing it? Good luck!!
I could be wrong, but it seems like this "known issue" applies only to particular schools. From what I'm seeing, it looks like they're mostly community colleges. AMCAS didn't give me any specifics on what exactly the issue is, but someone I know got an email back from AMCAS about this, and they said "the issue is preventing transcripts that were sent electronically from Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse from being transmitted through the system as they should." They then said "once the issue is fixed, we fully expect those transcripts to come through successfully." Hopefully this gets fixed before May 27th

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be wrong, but it seems like this "known issue" applies only to particular schools. From what I'm seeing, it looks like they're mostly community colleges. AMCAS didn't give me any specifics on what exactly the issue is, but someone I know got an email back from AMCAS about this, and they said "the issue is preventing transcripts that were sent electronically from Parchment and the National Student Clearinghouse from being transmitted through the system as they should." They then said "once the issue is fixed, we fully expect those transcripts to come through successfully." Hopefully this gets fixed before May 27th
I'm having the same issue with one of my transcripts. 3/4 have been received no problem, including one through parchment and one through snail mail. The only one that needs to be received is from an extension program through Parchment, which maybe indicates its an issue with smaller programs for some reason. I resent my transcript but I think we can just wait. Maybe mid-next week we can ramp up the pressure and start calling/emailing more so we don't risk being delayed by this. Given how quickly my other parchment transcript got "received", my guess is that once this is fixed it will be a pretty quick resolution.

I'm having the same issue with one of my transcripts. 3/4 have been received no problem, including one through parchment and one through snail mail. The only one that needs to be received is from an extension program through Parchment, which maybe indicates its an issue with smaller programs for some reason. I resent my transcript but I think we can just wait. Maybe mid-next week we can ramp up the pressure and start calling/emailing more so we don't risk being delayed by this. Given how quickly my other parchment transcript got "received", my guess is that once this is fixed it will be a pretty quick resolution.
Did you get a confirmation from Parchment as well that it was supposedly received and downloaded by AMCAS?

Did you get a confirmation from Parchment as well that it was supposedly received and downloaded by AMCAS?
Yup, they should have it. I even confirmed I attached the right transcript request form just to be safe. Seems like there's just some logistic error at AMCAS, I'm glad that they've recognized that though so hopefully they can fix it quickly.

I am also experiencing this issue, except my transcripts are coming through Parchment from a large state university and not a community college. My other transcripts (including one sent by snail mail) were quickly marked as received. I emailed AMCAS about a week and a half after Parchment had notified me that they were delivered, and they told me to send the transcripts again (didn't mention anything about known issues with Parchment). My university doesn't charge for official transcripts, so I just had them sent again. Parchment said they were received by AMCAS on 5/14, so hopefully it works this time...

Same issue here. Only 2 out of 3 transcripts were marked as received.

Parchment confirmed that AMCAS downloaded them on May 7th, but still no change. I sent them again just to be safe and Parchment shows that they were delivered on May 13th, but still haven't been downloaded by AMCAS.

Also, I'm a reapplicant and I remember there was this exact same issue last year. These exact same transcripts weren't marked as received until July. I was hoping they would've fixed this issue by now, but I guess not.

Parchment confirmed that AMCAS downloaded them on May 7th, but still no change. I sent them again just to be safe and Parchment shows that they were delivered on May 13th, but still haven't been downloaded by AMCAS.

Also, I'm a reapplicant and I remember there was this exact same issue last year. These exact same transcripts weren't marked as received until July. I was hoping they would've fixed this issue by now, but I guess not.
This is really frustrating. I just requested my university to send a snail mail copy of my transcripts to cover my bases. At this point I’ve done everything I can do and am just hoping they receive one of these by the 27th or shortly thereafter.

I called AMCAS today and the person I talked to said that they fixed the issue and were in the process of fixing all the transcripts. He told me that I should see my status changed to "received" today. That was at 11 AM this morning, and now at 8:23 PM, it's still not fixed. Not sure what to make of all this.

I received a reply from AMCAS stating that they are working to resolve the issue by Friday. But I already reordered my transcripts by snail mail and spent an extra 30 bucks to rush them. Sigh...

^ I received the same reply

"We have determined an issue with Parchment's server that was preventing us from receiving the transcripts. The issue has not been resolved and we are currently working to mark Parchment transcripts as received by Friday"

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my transcripts was delivered to AMCAS on 5/11 and just marked received by AMCAS today, so I have to imagine it's a matter of waiting a few days before things get updated.

One of my transcripts was delivered to AMCAS on 5/11 and just marked received by AMCAS today, so I have to imagine it's a matter of waiting a few days before things get updated.
Update: my Parchment transcript sent 5/3 was received a few minutes ago... we'll see if AMCAS gets mad when they get to the second transcript I sent after the delay

Update: my Parchment transcript sent 5/3 was received a few minutes ago... we'll see if AMCAS gets mad when they get to the second transcript I sent after the delay
I contacted AMCAS yesterday about potentially receiving multiple transcripts, and they said it wouldn't be an issue as they'll just use the most recent one for verification. Though I'm not sure what would happen if they receive one after verification for those of us who have also requested snail mail transcripts that may arrive later.

i am also having issues with transcripts for both amcas and aacomas. Parchment email says it has been received but in the actual application portal it says it hasn’t been received

Has anyone's been marked as received yet? Sent mine back on 5/3 and nothing yet. I just sent another one yesterday that AMCAS hasn't downloaded from Parchment yet.

Has anyone's been marked as received yet? Sent mine back on 5/3 and nothing yet. I just sent another one yesterday that AMCAS hasn't downloaded from Parchment yet.
I sent mine through Parchment on 5/3, but it still has not been marked as received. I called AMCAS yesterday, and they told me to wait until Friday for them to mark it as received. I guess we have to wait one more day.

If you scroll up on this thread, there were about 2 people who got their May 3rd transcripts marked as received on Tuesday. So it does seem AMCAS has been trying to resolve the problem this week

Nope. I've sent my transcripts three times now: two electronic transcripts and one paper transcript by overnight delivery. Still not marked as received. Pretty frustrating, but I'm really hoping they fix this before the 27th.

I sent mine through Parchment on 5/3, but it still has not been marked as received. I called AMCAS yesterday, and they told me to wait until Friday for them to mark it as received. I guess we have to wait one more day.

If you scroll up on this thread, there were about 2 people who got their May 3rd transcripts marked as received on Tuesday. So it does seem AMCAS has been trying to resolve the problem this week
I called them yesterday as well. They told me the same thing. I decided to resend again through Parchment. Today I called and they told me everyone who sent transcripts during the first week apps opened should've had them marked "received" by yesterday (5/19). I told them I just resent and they said it should be processed in 1 business day. However Parchment shows mine was sent but not downloaded by AMCAS yet... We'll see what happens I guess.

Nope. I've sent my transcripts three times now: two electronic transcripts and one paper transcript by overnight delivery. Still not marked as received. Pretty frustrating, but I'm really hoping they fix this before the 27th.
It's really frustrating. I wish AMCAS would at least send out an email to reassure applicants and update us on what's being done. All the info I know is just from what I learned when I called them myself. Info seems to differ based on who you're speaking to over at the service center too... Hoping it gets resolved quickly.

It's really frustrating. I wish AMCAS would at least send out an email to reassure applicants and update us on what's being done. All the info I know is just from what I learned when I called them myself. Info seems to differ based on who you're speaking to over at the service center too... Hoping it gets resolved quickly.
Has yours been received yet? I sent two out so far, still nothing.

Has yours been received yet? I sent two out so far, still nothing.
Nope. The one from 5/3 was downloaded by AMCAS but never marked received. The one I sent again on 5/19 hasn't even been downloaded by AMCAS and it's been 2 days. I was told it should take around 1 business day but I'm starting to get worried again. If I don't hear anything by Tuesday, I'm gonna call them again to see what I can do. Someone at AMCAS put me on an escalation list and I also emailed AMCAS but haven't heard anything back.

Nope. The one from 5/3 was downloaded by AMCAS but never marked received. The one I sent again on 5/19 hasn't even been downloaded by AMCAS and it's been 2 days. I was told it should take around 1 business day but I'm starting to get worried again. If I don't hear anything by Tuesday, I'm gonna call them again to see what I can do. Someone at AMCAS put me on an escalation list and I also emailed AMCAS but haven't heard anything back.
I called them yesterday and they told me they have received the backlog and are currently working on all those transcripts. They didn't have an estimate on what date they were currently working on. I hope it goes smoothly for them.

My 5/5 transcripts were marked as received on 5/18, but when I called AMCAS a week ago, the guy I spoke told me that the issue *should* been resolved by the end of this week. He said in the event that issue wasn't fixed by the 27th, he believed AMCAS would make an exception like they did last year when this issue popped up where they'd allow students to directly email their transcripts to them - circumventing Parchment. Keep an eye out on your transcripts to see if they're resolved sometime today, but if they're not, just know that there's a pretty high chance you'll still make the May 27th deadline if they make that exception.

My 5/5 transcripts were marked as received on 5/18, but when I called AMCAS a week ago, the guy I spoke told me that the issue *should* been resolved by the end of this week. He said in the event that issue wasn't fixed by the 27th, he believed AMCAS would make an exception like they did last year when this issue popped up where they'd allow students to directly email their transcripts to them - circumventing Parchment. Keep an eye out on your transcripts to see if they're resolved sometime today, but if they're not, just know that there's a pretty high chance you'll still make the May 27th deadline if they make that exception.
Does AAMC mark transcripts as received over the weekend or is it solely business days?

Does AAMC mark transcripts as received over the weekend or is it solely business days?
I believe it's business days. So let's hope this Monday! Mine was sent on 5/3 but received 5/7 I believe.

So Friday came and went, and my transcripts are still not marked as received. :(

Have anybody else's transcripts been marked as received yet?

Nothing here from me as well. I sent a community college transcript 5/3 and those were marked received the next day. Then my University ones were sent and received 5/20 through Credentials Inc (which I think merged with Parchment) but I can't see if those were downloaded or not.

My transcript that was downloaded by AMCAS on 5/3 was just now marked as received

Just to add the Amcas tracker online page updated with an alert that I don’t think was there before about e transcripts taking 15 days to process.

also the “As of May 25th is now marking May 21st” notification did not change to May 24th as it has in the past. Potentially they are actually fixing the ones that were received prior to this date

My resent Parchment transcript just got processed and marked as received. received 5/21

I still have no clue what happened to my 5/3 transcript

Reactions: 1 users
My parchment transcript said it was sent yesterday and my paper transcript just got delivered to AAMC today. How screwed am I lol? How long do you guys think it will take to have it marked as received by the AAMC? I wanted to submit for verification the first day but it does not look like that will happen.

My parchment transcript said it was sent yesterday and my paper transcript just got delivered to AAMC today. How screwed am I lol? How long do you guys think it will take to have it marked as received by the AAMC? I wanted to submit for verification the first day but it does not look like that will happen.
I had a paper transcript that was received the day it was delivered and a parchment transcript that took 2.5 weeks to be received, so who knows?

How hard is it to write a script that reads Amcas Id, letter Id, then updates an applicants portal especially with all the money we send them smh

Reactions: 1 users
How hard is it to write a script that reads Amcas Id, letter Id, then updates an applicants portal especially with all the money we send them smh
ahaha i feel that. Especially after I had to pay $50 for express shipping since my University is stuck in the early 2000s it seems.

For everyone in this situation just saw this on AMCAS website:

"
Attention: Transcripts sent via Parchment

AMCAS is aware of an intermittent transmission issue with Parchment that is impacting the receipt of some transcripts. The AMCAS team is actively working with Parchment to correct the issue. If you were notified by Parchment that your transcript was received by AMCAS prior to the current transcript processing date, please submit a message using the AMCAS Contact Us form and select "Parchment Inquiry" in the drop-down as the reason for contacting AMCAS.

"

For everyone in this situation just saw this on AMCAS website:

"
Attention: Transcripts sent via Parchment

AMCAS is aware of an intermittent transmission issue with Parchment that is impacting the receipt of some transcripts. The AMCAS team is actively working with Parchment to correct the issue. If you were notified by Parchment that your transcript was received by AMCAS prior to the current transcript processing date, please submit a message using the AMCAS Contact Us form and select "Parchment Inquiry" in the drop-down as the reason for contacting AMCAS.

"
There isn't even a drop-down for "parchment inquiry" that I see.

My transcripts have finally been marked as received. Downloaded by AMCAS on 5/7

Last edited:
Just called amcas, heres some fun quotes from them.

"Recieved or Downloaded" by AAMC "means nothing and could still mean no one has looked at them"

and the 5/21 date for reviewing transcripts received does not apply to transcripts sent by parchment.

Super helpful phone call :rolleyes:

Transcripts were mailed by university on May 18th how long will it before they mark it as received please advice . There was no tracking to even check if AMCAS received them .

Transcripts were mailed by university on May 18th how long will it before they mark it as received please advice . There was no tracking to even check if AMCAS received them .
"If sent by U.S. mail, most transcripts take 7-10 calendar days to arrive at AMCAS from your institution. In general, it takes up to 15 business days from the day your transcript(s) arrived at our facilities for us to process them and mark them as “Received.” Remember, you will receive an email from AMCAS once your transcripts are processed."

Should I resend my transcripts with a tracking number that I know if AMCAS received it or will that delay my processing even more ?

My parchment transcript was just marked as "received" from 5/21, so that was about 2 business days. My other friend's parchment transcript from 5/18 took 3 business days to get marked as "received". I think you should be fine!
Did you also receive an email from Parchment saying the transcript had been received before your AMCAS had updated from "not received" to "received"?

Anyone else still having problems and waiting?