ETSU secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gotten a secondary from ETSU, I'm instate and have been verified since 7/20 and i'm just startin to worry. One of my friends has gotten one but he was verified really early like 6/8 but no one else has said anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I received a secondary via email on Sunday.

JDUB44 said:
Anyone gotten a secondary from ETSU, I'm instate and have been verified since 7/20 and i'm just startin to worry. One of my friends has gotten one but he was verified really early like 6/8 but no one else has said anything.

freakin eh? when were you verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh well, guess I got a month to go apparently, being awfully slow they are. wish they would hurry, anyone else got one?

JDUB44 said:
oh well, guess I got a month to go apparently, being awfully slow they are. wish they would hurry, anyone else got one?

yeah i got verified 7/24 and i havent got it

EazyE said:
yeah i got verified 7/24 and i havent got it

ahh relief, i was startin to get worried/pissed off dang it, think its my top choice just cause i'd likely get killed in memphis.

JDUB44 said:
...think its my top choice just cause i'd likely get killed in memphis.

:laugh: Aren't ya supposed to be committed to serving rural and underserved populations or something? I mean, it's great not to get killed in Memphis, but please don't say that in your interview! :p

I applied to ETSU last year as an out-of-stater and was rejected. It's one of my top choices but I'm an NC resident (from the mountains south of
Asheville) so I know I don't have much of a chance. But I'd love for y'all to update this thread and keep me posted on the app process this year!

I wouldn't worry too much yet. I just started as an MS 1 at Quillen and I can say that they have been very busy with orientation. They bring out the bells and whistles and I'm sure they have been preoccupied.

mustangsally65 said:
:laugh: Aren't ya supposed to be committed to serving rural and underserved populations or something? I mean, it's great not to get killed in Memphis, but please don't say that in your interview! :p

I applied to ETSU last year as an out-of-stater and was rejected. It's one of my top choices but I'm an NC resident (from the mountains south of
Asheville) so I know I don't have much of a chance. But I'd love for y'all to update this thread and keep me posted on the app process this year!

yeah memphis is a rough place, hopefully i'll get into both, I mean i feel like my numbers and what not are pretty good. I feel like i should get in but, you never know

I'm a VA resident and I added ETSU on 7/21. I got the secondary yesterday.

Also, to anyone who's gotten it, can we just use Interfolio to send our letters instead of the evaluation form?

SeminoleFan3 said:
I'm a VA resident and I added ETSU on 7/21. I got the secondary yesterday.

Also, to anyone who's gotten it, can we just use Interfolio to send our letters instead of the evaluation form?

yeah I got it the other day too, I don't know if you can use interfolio or not, i kinda doubt it.

SeminoleFan3 said:
All the other schools I've applied to say that you can use IF instead of their evaluation forms.

Where is their evaluation form? Do you have to finish and certify/submit the secondary before you can access and print the evaluation form?

Are there specific questions on it that need to be addressed by the committee/professor evaluating or is it like a cover letter to include with your recommendation letter packet?

This 3-week deadline for all supplemental materials including recommendations is not easy.

Thanks for your help!

JDUB44 said:
ahh relief, i was startin to get worried/pissed off dang it, think its my top choice just cause i'd likely get killed in memphis.

Memphis isn't really that unsafe, it just sucks...less so than Johnson City however, unless you like the small town lifestyle.

I was verified 8/3 and received the secondary 8/10.

I got the secondary yesterday.... verified since 8/11

Does ETSU notify you right away via email if your file is complete or does it take a while? Thanks!

hey guys i was wondering if anyone was put on mcat hold on sept 11, and still havent been taken off of it, and I haven't received a secondary...I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation.....

I was verified on 9/10, received a secondary 9/22. I submitted the secondary 9/26 and got an interview invite 10/10. I am OOS with an above average MCAT and a below average GPA. I hope this helps. :luck:

Oops...I didn't realize I was responding to an old thread. If anyone still cares, ETSU does accept Interfolio.