European Master of Engineering who wants to pursue dentistry as second career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marta.29

Reaction score
Hello!

I have graduated from one of European Technical Universities with Masters degree in Engineering - Biotechnology. I am a green card holder and currently living in Atlanta, Georgia. I would love to pursue dentistry as my second career but I am having a hard time to find any data about similar cases (somebody who has graduated abroad and is trying to apply to a Dental School in USA). I already know that Dental School in Augusta will not accept my foreign degree.

Has anybody heard similar stories? Does anybody have a piece of advice for me where to start and/or if there is a school which will be willing to accept my Engineering Degree from Europe?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Marta

Members don't see this ad.

You will need a Bachelor degree from the US or at minimum taking all prereq classes here in the US, I guarantee that.

You need to take a certain amount of classes in the U.S. NYU for instance requires 60 credits from a U.S. school.

You have to take ~2 years worth of prerequisite classes in the U.S. anyway, so that shouldn't be too bad.

Some require TOEFL scores.