European Resident to Australia for Short Term Training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Croknar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently in my 3rd year of 6year residency program for Anesthesiology and Intensive Care in Poland, Ive been doing some reading on the short term training pathway to try and do my last 2 years of residency in Australia since I plan to move after completing my residency in Poland. I have 1 year before I am eligible to try for the Short Term Training pathway and I have some questions if anyone has gone through the process.

1.) In Poland there is only Anesthesia and Intensive Care, but in Australia its split, so if I were to try for the training I have to find a hospital which would hire me as a resident but which college would I apply to ?

2.) What resources are available for IMGs looking for residency positions in specialties ? Ive gone and seen that on the ANZCA website there are accredited training sites, do I just have to call them and ask if there are positions available ?

3.) Then theres the step of Primary Verification, I have my EPIC ready to go etc, but do I have to take the MCQ and Clinical examination like the standard pathway ?

Thank you for any help.

Members don't see this ad.