1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Evaluation forms?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Matrix, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Matrix

Matrix Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey all!

I've heard that the majority of the schools that I've applied will have their own separate evaluation forms for the evaluators to fill out. My question is, for those who have applied in the previous years, can a generally written letter of recommendation (for both my advisor and the DO) replace these evaluation forms, or must I bring each of these evaluation forms to them and have them fill out their questions?

Thanks for your response!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you have a committee file that would be best.... I'm not exactly sure what goes with my committee file (i.e. if includes it's own separate evaluation), but all the DO schools took that one in....

You can also call each school and ask them specifically if they would accept a separate letter of rec.... That's what I did....

I had a last minute letter of recommendation from a DO and they all told me to just send it in..... So with this, I'm assuming it would be okay. Don't take my word for it, I'm just sharing my experience.

Go call the school..... Best wishes

4. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason
    10+ Year Member

We have the committee system at my school. Including in the committee packet sent to the med schools are:

1 Letter Professor in my Major
    1 Letter Professor in Cognate
    1 Letter Professor in Non-Science
    1 Letter from Committee Interview
    2 Letters from DO's

In addition, there is an entire biographical questionairre sent... all bound to look professional.

WoW! I just realized that they are getting alot of input on me before even meeting me (and I think that is my strongest point) :p

I just found the link to an old web version (basically the same with different dates).

Health Professions Evaluation Committee @ U of S

5. Crownfairy

I am concerned because my school also submits a committee evaluation but there has been a delay in getting it sent to my file. I've sent several emails and made phone calls to let them know my apps are on hold waiting for this but I am being told it's in process. Will the schools really hold up reviewing my app due to this? Any other suggestions?

6. AlteredScale

Administrator Moderator 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes for most schools this evaluation form is a guideline for the letter writers but it is not necessary.