even *more* u.c.l.a.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthew0126

Anaheim Angels
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay. thread #5638 on ucla, as soon as anybody hears after this supposed mar15 batch of letters comes out please please please please please please please please please post!!!!!!!

man, my other schools decisions were done so long ago. ytf does ucla take so long. (interview mid-december, "decision letter: status is still blank)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Matthew!

UCLA is sooo damn slow! It's always like this though I hear...I interviewed beginning of Jan and still nothing.

Doublestrandbreak and Incendiary got final decision letters last week...I'm not sure if that means they were part of that March group. Does that mean we're left waiting until next month or are there supposed to be more final decisions sent out this week?

Good luck to everyone still waiting! (and congrats to Doublestrandbreak!)

matthew and pillbug, hang on and good luck.

Since I'm an UCLA reject, I have nothing to contribute except my encouragement.

And since I know both of you have UCSD as second on your list and that I'm probably going there, I will try my best to actively recruit you guys to go there. :D

Muhahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
hey pillbug -- i guess we just got to hang in there. i hope!! we don't have to wait until april...

cambrian, thanks for the encouragement! while i will be disappointed if i don't get in ucla, you're right, i love ucsd and san diego as my #2 and i would go there in a heartbeat (hehe, ive already withdrawn to all those columbias back east; in my book, it's all about the west coast!)

would be great to have either of you as classmates, or both :)

Not that I trust these people at the admissions office any more, but this is what I've been told TODAY: they are really behind the schedule but the committee will try to reach a decision by the end of this month. FYR, my interview was back in mid January. Hang in there!!!

wow, matthew, you got accepted to Columbia and other ivy leagues and you withdrew? Give me your spot please !!!!!!... Just kidding, I didn't even apply to any of those schools. Although, I wish I had. That's why I'm really regretting that right. Regrets suck !! I would have gone to those schools if UCSD wasn't my only option.

I'm with you matthew. Withdrew from Columbia, AECOM, and GWU. They couldn't hold UCLA's jock strap.

I'm in the same boat with all of you. I interviewed on Dec 7th and haven't heard a thing.

Thanks for the encouragement Cambrien! I would be more than happy to be classmates with you at SD. :)

Yea Matthew...I agree with you. California all the way! I interviewed at non-Cali schools and finally realized that I just couldn't leave California...

Hopefully Patiently waiting was told some accurate info by the UCLA office...I don't know what's taking so long! but I guess I don't have that much to complain about since people who interviewed in early December are still waiting too.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us waiting...for good news soon! :D :D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by spicoli:
•I'm with you matthew. Withdrew from Columbia, AECOM, and GWU. They couldn't hold UCLA's jock strap.•••••Well if they want they can hold my jock strap....

I think who ever hasn't received a letter from UCLA need to call because both my roommate and I interviewed in late February and got our acceptances like two weeks later. So they're probably making their decisions fast at this time of the decision process so I would either write a letter or call them to let them know you're still alive because maybe they just have your files at the bottom of the pile and need some reason to take it out and put it back at the top of the pile.
Anyway, good luck and hope you all get into UCLA, it's pretty much the perfect school. I go to UCLA and thought that I didn't want to spend another four or more years there, but it has everything anyone could want: a high ranking, cheap tuition, and a laid back atmosphere. Everyone you talk to is absolutely happy to be going there. And for an added bonus, by the time we start out rotations, the new hospital will be done and from what I've heard, it's going to be even better than the one they have now.