Ever Been Called Mr./Ms. (Enter You Name Here)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ifellinapothole

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It happened to me just the other day when I went into a branch of my local bank and asked to open a new account.

The representative said, "Mr. Pot Hole are you interested in our high interest savings account."

It felt so cool to finally be recognized as an adult.

Who knew opening a banking account could be so rewarding in such different ways?

Members don't see this ad.

I got Sir in a restaurant last summer in Las Vegas. That's a pretty strange experience for a 20yo. :eek:

I got Ms. from a highschool girl whos starting to do research in the lab I work in. Man,did that make me feel old....

Members don't see this ad :)
the IT guy at work called me ma'am. :(

Hell, I consider it a sign of respect if someone doesn't call me a butt-wiping douchebag. Being called Mr. Fenrezz is like reaching the promised land.

I still volunteer on my town's EMS service. There is a very nice and very polite new police officer who calls me ma'am on scene. I asked him to call me by my first name and he said he would. A few hours later we had another call and I asked him if he had the patients info written down. He said, "yes, sir" and then became quite embarassed. Well, at least he didn't call me ma'am....until the next call.

I'm only 22...and I look like I'm 17, so not too many people call me Ma'm or anything like that. Except little kids. When I used to work at the hospital doing Medical Teachings and some therapeutic interventions with child life, the kids used to call me Ma'm sometimes. It would shock me...and I would tell them to stop! :p

But when I worked as a teacher for 4th graders...those kids were soooo cute! I remember I was in this really poor school and all the kids were really interested in what I had to say. At the end of the lesson a group of girls came up to me and said:"Ms (My last name here), you pretty!" and "Ms (my last name), you smell good!" :laugh:

I just think it's funny when kids treat me like an adult...if they only knew I was one of them not too long ago :p

Karina

Well I work at a health instititution and I got called Doctor one time.

I didnt bother to correct the person :p

Maybe its just where i'm from, but I've gotten the Mr./Sir any time buy something, go to the bank or out to eat since i was about 18 i think

yeah in montreal, supper in my building calls me mr, although i call him by his first name, feels weird. and in the bank they always say mr. i also get called "sir" a lot. this is only in canada though, in usa nobody has ever called me mr or sir. even cops in usa instead of "sir" say "you"