Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ever hear of this?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by muonwhiz, Mar 24, 2001.

1. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

Has anyone familiar with kcom ever heard of this? A couple of months ago, I got a letter from their admissions office saying that I was on some sort of weird "hold." From what I could gather, they couldn't make up their minds as to whether to reject me outright or interview me. I had never heard of such a thing before. Has anyone else been under the same circumstances or heard of this before? What was your outcome? I haven't heard anything else from them. Don't be afraid to say, because I'm figuring that I'll receive a thin letter, at this time of the year I'm sure they have filled up.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    I am not sure if this is what you are talking about...but last year I was "Placed on hold for an interview". I wasn't "outright" rejected...but wasn't interviewed either.
    As time went on....I eventually receieved a standard "rejection letter", as I was not interviewed and therefore rejected.
    I think it is that there are things in your app that they like...but it is not "STRONG" enough for them interview you at that time, because they have "STRONGER" candidiates that they want to interview first.
    If anything, call the admissions office, see what you can do to make you app stronger.(eg.send in current grades, a new letter of rec, tell them about a new med volunteering experience, shadowing a D.O. etc.)
    This happened to me 2 years in a row...and thank God this year, I had 6 other interviews, and out of them, 5 acceptances. KCOM STILL has me on their "HOLD" for interview category.
    I even visited the school, I'm from NY, to talk with the admissions director about my interest in the school, apparently to no avail!
    After seeing the school, I realized that is just wasn't for me anyway....way too rural...and not a setting that I was be happy in....others seem very happy there...which is GREAT.....but not for me...

Sorry this was sooo long winded...

4. Toran

Toran Senior Member

Call the admissions department. They are really nice, and I am sure they will help you in every way they can.
    I am pretty sure that they aren't as full as you would think they should be, so don't let that hold you back.
    I love the school, and will be attending there next year. Wish you luck,

Toran

5. William Bohannon

From what I remember, on hold means more waiting. There is a possibility that the school is still waiting on some of your paperwork, or they may still be setting up the interview list and haven't made a decision. You can call the admission office, but you may only get told that your application is on hold and that's all they can say at thid time.

Good Luck,

Will

6. kidterrific

kidterrific Senior Member

Muon,

You and I keep ending up in the same boat, man! I got the same letter. The letter states that they are going to toss your app aside, look for more qualified applicants, and then look at yours again at a later time when all other possibilities are exhausted. You're not rejected, but you aren't accepted either. I like to think of it as sort of a wait list to be placed on the wait list.

When I got that letter, I was shocked. I was even more shocked to get a christmas card from those guys! I don't know what to say, and I'm still waiting for some sort of a response. Keep hope alive!

------------------
    --
    KidT
    [email protected]