SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ever heard of...?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Jean Valjean, Jul 20, 2001.

  1. Jean Valjean

    Jean Valjean Member 7+ Year Member

    Jul 14, 2001
    Pre-medical student here and was wondering if such a thing as...don't even know how to explain, but something like sub speciality in Pediatrics like critical or intensive care? Can you be a doctor for prematurely born babies? Is there such a thing? Is there enough demand? Specialites and all that are a long dreamy way off, but doing just that -- dreaming. Would think it would be so fulfilling to practice that kind of medicine. Bon jour!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. eyedea

    eyedea Member 7+ Year Member

    Jul 14, 2001
    I wouldn't be the best person to listen to considering I'm only a high school student, but I am pretty sure there is. I go to a pediatric cardiologist because I have some gay heart problem.
  4. Ponyboy

    Ponyboy Senior Member 10+ Year Member

    Jan 27, 1999
    After a peds residency you can do a fellowship in Peds Critical Care or in Neonatology. Neonatologists care for both term babies as well as preemies in all states of health.

Share This Page